Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocoon?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Paulegend wrote: »
    i was reading in this weekend post that they dont have a late licence???

how can they be a nightclub without the late bar extention??

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=d04M1Tj65e0G&PBID=16d2df0b-b84b-4602-a4f3-05634de2cff3&skip=

page 24

Its just going to be so gorgeously dinky and ab fab that it will feel much later than it actually is Honey!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Raiser wrote: »
    Its just going to be so gorgeously dinky and ab fab that it will feel much later than it actually is Honey!!!!!
    :D behave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

im not sure i like the homophobic turn that this thread seems to be taking..

this is a small town stereotypical attitude that i thought was left back in the 1950's but clearly it still lives on through a small percentage of the populace...

:rolleyes:

Point out the homophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Behave - didnt austin powers say that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll play on your stereotype big boy xx

• Advertisement

i dont think thats an appropriate comment for a moderator to make, read the forum rules and give yourself an infraction.

im sick of know-it-all mods on board websites with double standards and blantant favourtism towards posters that have been online longer.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.glen.ie/
    I'm not a mod on the Limerick forum. Neither are you, beware back-seat modding.
    what are you sick of, you've been here two posts. this IS your first account right?!

"Its just going to be so gorgeously dinky and ab fab that it will feel much later than it actually is Honey!!!!! "

"behave :D"

this is clearly playing on the stereotype of the gay man.

Lampooning does not equal homophobia. If that was the case Graham Norton would be the most homophobic person on the planet.

If I put on an italian accent and say "Mamma Mia" when I get a pizza, does that make me a racist?

ive blogged on other sites too and ive found that there are certain mods all over the web that think there untouchable and seem to think that they can come out with all sorts of drivvle and get away with it. i dont think blatant homophobia even if it is just one post from you, should be acceptable on any website, and espicially from moderators who are, like it or not, meant to set an example of acceptable behaviour on forums.
    Sure, I'm a total queer basher. :pac:
    you don't know me.

just in the same way that black pple are entitled to use the n word, does that mean there racist against themselves? kinda rips your Graham Norton arguement to shreds.

everything should be taken into context. in the context of this forum which is basically a discussion about a gay nightclub i dont think its one bit appropriate to leave smarmy remarks that add nothing to the conversation.

another question in the same tone that you seem to enjoy using to back up yOur homophobia: "if i went into cocoon and said 'oh behave' to the gay bartender would i be being homophobic??" the answer is yes. YES YOU WOULD.

Homophobia: : irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Pick out any of that in any of the posts above please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

All homophobic claims and other stuff aside, is it actually any good? A friend is trying to convince me to host my hen night there- I'm very dubious about bringing my mammy and mammy in law here....

• Advertisement

we can all copy and paste definitions itsdacraic

have a look at this one and see if it fits the above posts i think you'll find it does:

"Homophobia is a term for a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards homosexuality and people identified or perceived as being homosexual. Definitions[1][2][3] of the term refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and irrational fear. Homophobia is observable in critical and hostile behavior such as discrimination[1][2] mocking, lampooning or violence on the basis of a non-heterosexual orientation. "

Ive put bits that are particularly relevant to this thread in italics, just so its really clear.

do you have any idea what gay people have to put up with?? do you have any of the courage it takes to come out to your family and friends, in fear of them disowning you?

You seriously need to get a grip.
    The only homophobia mentioned on this thread was when two gay guys threatened "a straight".

yeah its actually really nice place. a safe-haven for men like me tbh. very friendly non-judgemental crowd, although i have heard stories of extremely aggressive homosexuals approaching men and being quite crude but you'd get that anywhere really.:):):):)/:) (4 outta 5 smilies)

I'll assume though that cocoon wouldn't be suitable for mammies and middle aged ladies (and rowdy hens :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Wha?

no id reccommend it actually. on a week night it wouldn't be too busy anyway. a hen night would be great fun in there!!!

:p:p:p:p:p

I was looking for a Sat night? Does it get very busy and loud?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

zurroph, behave yourself.

same goes for you too raiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

actually this thread has served its purpose and has since turned to crap

locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement