Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet Store

Options
  • 25-02-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happened to the online Dell Outlet store.
    It hasnt been working for ages.

I am buying a laptop and dont want to purchase today, for the site to go live tomorrow.

If anyone has recommendation for a laptop about 500-600 euro - greatly appricated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

No Dell = No Dell outlet store, but I'm only guessing there. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddymick_2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

It's been down since before Christmas, maybe they're planning on phasing it out of Ireland, who knows!
    Their English Outlet is up and running fine, and always has a good selection, not like the chaff we used to get on our outlet...
    Dell Outlet UK

Thanks
    I am looking for a laptop - do you think they look good value on there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

By the way dell outlet uk do not ship to Ireland. I don't know what the story is with dell outlet, i'd wonder if it's going to come back at all. That being said, there's bound to be just as many returns/cancelled orders as before, so i can't see why an outlet store couldn't be setup again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

From just before Christmas to a few weeks ago they had notices on the site saying it would be back at a certain time and date. They kept changing the date and time, 5 times that I noticed, and now there is no date or time. I think they are going to open it again, they recently closed the UK one for an update but that is back and running.
    So reckon it will be back but haven't a clue when and it looks like neither does Dell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Does anyone know who delivers Dell outlet laptops? Mine was shipped last friday and I'm still waiting for delivery. I can work from home after today, I've no tracking number & starting to get really annoyed. It says tht the carrier is INT by the way. Tried ringing Interlink on the off chance but they don't know anything about it.
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

It should be delivered by Interlink altho now they are DPD.

I ordered mine last Thursday.
    I phoned Dell at 1850321012 today.
    She estimated the deliver will be with me next Wednesday.
    Similar to you mine is "shipped"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

She estimated the deliver will be with me next Wednesday.
    Similar to you mine is "shipped"

Finally got an answer from Dell. Outlet purchases take five working days from the date they are shipped to arrive. They are sent standard delivery via DPD. The estimated delivery date they give you when your order is confirmed is meaningless & should be ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 JayDubiya

Hi paddymick, you sure that number is correct? Tried ringing it today but it's not in service. Trying to nail down the outlet store for a delivery date. Ordered today, no confirmation of payment deducted yet and need delivery before I leave the country in two weeks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 soddy5

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Dell outlet has been closed now for good? I cannot find any info on it online. I'm really hoping it hasn't!

Any info would be great.

Advertisement