Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taekwondo equipment

• 25-02-2010 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Am looking for sparring equipment (yellow belt) for my son, but am disgruntled that as his teacher/class is IUTF (which is affiliated to ITF), that I have to purchase only SUPERSONIC gear....and the price we are being quoted is twice the price of internet providers.

Can anyone tell me where else I can buy this SUPERSONIC gear, besides direct from instructor - even to compare prices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

To my knowledge (Jon can correct me if I am wrong) the SuperSonic range is ran/owned by the Daltons themselves. The brand was starting to get going around the time I left TKD (2004).

I didn't know that they made people buy their gear, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm imagine it's a nice little earner for the instructors. Do they give any reason why they make people buy the gear off them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Kathshaw wrote: »
    Am looking for sparring equipment (yellow belt) for my son, but am disgruntled that as his teacher/class is IUTF (which is affiliated to ITF), that I have to purchase only SUPERSONIC gear....and the price we are being quoted is twice the price of internet providers.

Can anyone tell me where else I can buy this SUPERSONIC gear, besides direct from instructor - even to compare prices?

What a scam! Buy whatever brand you want, and tell them to f*ck off - the bloody cheek! Sparring gear is sparring gear - especially for TKD, where contact is minimal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

There is a place in Belfast call Impact

Impact Martial Arts Supplies
    Unit 39 Smithfield,
    Belfast BT1 1JE,
    United Kingdom
    028 9031 2666‎

From the south its 048 9031 2666

They don't have a website, but are pretty good. They are at the back of castle court in the centre of belfast.

I got all my Taekwondo stuff there, it was a while ago though. They are really helpful on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Hi there, you can only buy Supersonic equipment through the IUTF it is not available any where else as it is owned by the IUTF itself. The gear is actually quite good in quality and should be in and around the same prices as other equipment available on the market although that could depend on the instructor. What school are you based in and what prices are being quoted?

Other options or if you wished to compare prices try the adidas range from here www.topprosports.com

Advertisement