Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Books

• 25-02-2010 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if there is a Second Hand Book shop in town i see the one on the Quay is now closed ????

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

most of the charity shops have books in them. Me mother is always getting good books out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Is the Gladstone Closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

There was one opposite Abrakebabra at one stage, I'm not sure if it's still there. I think they sold both new and secondhand books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Second-hand bookshops tend to be more common in recessions. I'd expect a few more to open soon given the current economic situation.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Oxfam, beside John Palmer's music store, has a decent selection of second hand books.

There is also another charity shop on the Quay, between Reginald's Tower and the post office, which has a few shelves of second hand books.

Great prices in both places, €2 or €3 per book, sometimes cheaper, and you'll pick up classics, bestsellers, chilldrens books, biographies and more.
    Is the Gladstone Closed?
    Yeah, closed a few years now, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

jmcc wrote: »
    Second-hand bookshops tend to be more common in recessions. I'd expect a few more to open soon given the current economic situation.

Regards...jmcc
    Aren't we out of the recession?

Anyway, the one on the Quay was a lovely little gem and I was sad to see it close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

AdMMM wrote: »
    Aren't we out of the recession?

!

:P:confused: That's funny.

Pity the second hand shop on the Quay closed.Got some brilliant books in there over the years and the older man that worked in there was always keen for a chat about what you were buying.They had a great collection of books too in such a tiny place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Tiddlers wrote: »
    :P:confused: That's funny.

Pity the second hand shop on the Quay closed.Got some brilliant books in there over the years and the older man that worked in there was always keen for a chat about what you were buying.They had a great collection of books too in such a tiny place.
    I could have sworn that I read that economic growth is positive and output is up. Although in saying that, we're screwed in Waterford, but as a country we're doing fine (I mean we're no longer even part of the catchy P.I.I.G.S abbreviation that was becoming popular in the various finance journals.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think there is a second hand place down be the marian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Is the Gladstone Closed?

Jesus, you must be out of the country, that place has been closed for years! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I dropped in a couple of boxes of books to the "open door", charoty shop on Michael Street next door to "kilos" (where I dropped a few bags of coke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

merlante wrote: »
    Jesus, you must be out of the country, that place has been closed for years! :)
    Just been a while since I've walked around that side....:)

Advertisement