Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Business Partner" Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Easytisement

Hi everyone. I have a business idea that needs a great website where people can log in, and have a members only area. I have all the ideas, but no idea on how to create a website like that. If you are interested in working on this exciting project, please PM me. I cannot offer pay at this stage but shares in the company as I am looking for someone long term, who will maintain the website in the long run. So far we are a team of 3 and are just missing our IT person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 amillliond

Hello Boards

I am a web designer and developer who has experience in build and running websites. I am seeking a business partner who can help me with the running of a business that I about to start. It will be a second hand mobile phone store selling a specific type of phone. My advantage is that I am experienced in online marketing and my website offers products at a better price than other retailers in the market. I have a deal with a supplier to dropship the products so stock will not be an issue.

I need someone who is able to provide value to what I am doing. A willingness to success is a must regardless of age and experience.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I am a computer programmer looking for a top-notch idea person to help build the next great internet company. Being a good programmer, I don't have many business ideas of my own. That's where you come in.

The perfect idea person to work with me will have:

A great business idea!
    At least a passing knowledge of computers and the internet.
    A vague reference to knowing somebody in the venture capital industry.
    I have whipped up peoples' ideas very quickly in the past. Here is a list of some of the things I've built, and how long it's taken:

A facebook clone (4 days)
    A flickr-like photo sharing web site (3 days)
    A Google-like seach engine (2 weeks - longer because you have to stop spam!)
    And hopefully, I can add YOUR idea to the list!

Note that I have a structured settlement from a lawsuit that I covers my basic expenses, so I don't need to be paid, but of course once we start making money, I'd like to be paid. Since I put the code together for these web sites so quickly, it's not fair to do a 50/50 split of ownership, but I would like to have at least a couple of percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DecjKav

Boards wont allow PM's to be sent to you.
    Can you PM me with an email address to get you at?
    amillliond wrote: »
    Hello Boards

I am a web designer and developer who has experience in build and running websites. I am seeking a business partner who can help me with the running of a business that I about to start. It will be a second hand mobile phone store selling a specific type of phone. My advantage is that I am experienced in online marketing and my website offers products at a better price than other retailers in the market. I have a deal with a supplier to dropship the products so stock will not be an issue.

I need someone who is able to provide value to what I am doing. A willingness to success is a must regardless of age and experience.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

DecjKav wrote: »
    Boards wont allow PM's to be sent to you.
    Can you PM me with an email address to get you at?
    User is banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Fyi,

In addition to looking for a marketing guy (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057215359 ) I'm also looking for a engineer (details http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057218498 )

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

I am a computer programmer looking for a top-notch idea person to help build the next great internet company. Being a good programmer, I don't have many business ideas of my own. That's where you come in.

The perfect idea person to work with me will have:

A great business idea!
    At least a passing knowledge of computers and the internet.
    A vague reference to knowing somebody in the venture capital industry.
    I have whipped up peoples' ideas very quickly in the past. Here is a list of some of the things I've built, and how long it's taken:

A facebook clone (4 days)
    A flickr-like photo sharing web site (3 days)
    A Google-like seach engine (2 weeks - longer because you have to stop spam!)
    And hopefully, I can add YOUR idea to the list!

Note that I have a structured settlement from a lawsuit that I covers my basic expenses, so I don't need to be paid, but of course once we start making money, I'd like to be paid. Since I put the code together for these web sites so quickly, it's not fair to do a 50/50 split of ownership, but I would like to have at least a couple of percent.

Hello Georgie, where is your next project taking you?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Hi All,

Once again I'm looking for both those who would like to be involved in the gaming industry website.

I've had a good deal of interest last time around but I would like to expand the venture and would like someone with creative ideas on creating revenue points for the website.

If you would like to get involved, Please get in touch then please do.

All the best,

• Registered Users Posts: 14 damiensw

My business brings a new on-line international solution to Ireland. The service / website is a fully automated service for matching parking space owners with parking space users. All aspects of the service including advertising, contracts and payments are carried out securely through the website.

I am looking for a partner to help develop the business. A background in sales / marketing would be preferred. I am looking for support to drive things forward and to build out our customer base. I am offering a 10% shareholding in my company.

This is an opportunity for an experienced sales / marketing professional to build a business platform and share in its growth.
    At the beginning, this venture will not bring any cash flow. I will not expect any financial investment from you. The only investment that I will be seeking will be your time and experience.

If you feel that this partnership is for you, then please PM me, for more details to understand the business better.
    I will meet any interested party in person to discuss this further – **serious parties only**

Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ngalinda

Hi guys,

I have just graduated from my Bachelors Honors Degree in Computer Science. I am working on a startup company that creates software applications for the Restaurant industry.I have currently just completed the first prototype product and I am now in the initial stages of feasibility studies (testing the prototype in the market place).

Being a computer engineer, I am looking for a marketing and sales business partner to carry out the next stages of acquiring restaurants for testing.

If you have experience in sales/marketing or the restaurant industry, please contact me via nngalinda @ gmail.com. Do add your linkedin account if you have one.

Thanks a million :) ,

Ngalinda

• Advertisement

Any chance you could post your linkedin profile here?
    Ngalinda wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have just graduated from my Bachelors Honors Degree in Computer Science. I am working on a startup company that creates software applications for the Restaurant industry.I have currently just completed the first prototype product and I am now in the initial stages of feasibility studies (testing the prototype in the market place).

Being a computer engineer, I am looking for a marketing and sales business partner to carry out the next stages of acquiring restaurants for testing.

If you have experience in sales/marketing or the restaurant industry, please contact me via nngalinda @ gmail.com. Do add your linkedin account if you have one.

Thanks a million :) ,

Ngalinda

Hi DecjKav,

Sure, my linkedin profile is: ie.linkedin.com/pub/ngalinda-ngalinda-2-1-bsc-hons-computer-science/51/651/992/

Could I ask if you don't mind, are you interested or know of a good candidate?

Thanks
    Its for someone I know, not me.

Cheers DecjKav,

Tell them not to hesitate and contact me with any or further information that they want need to know. Ideally, I am trying to create an software company withing the restaurant industry and I need a sales/marketing partner.

Thanks mate,

Ngalinda

Hi :),

Looking for a co founder who has experience in the sales/marketing or connections to the restaurant/takeaway market.

loyalDish app startup business that is a food and drink app which offers a cool new fun way to find deals and get rewarded using facebook and social media.

Still in testing phase, can be found here: www. loyaldishapp .com

Please don't hesitate to contact me info @ ngalinda.ie or nngalinda @gmail.com,

Thanks,

Ngalinda
    Building Tech Businesses, one step at a time!
    www. ngalinda .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Awepic

Long term lurker, first time poster - tremendous resource this website. Without the many contributions, I have no idea where we'd all be.

At the start of the year I invested some savings into a market that I saw incredible potential in.

Here are some cliff notes:

The business model is commerce based, both online and offline.
    The product is of the home entertainment/gadget variety.
    I source the product at a cost price of €33 per piece.
    I have personally developed optimized firmware and additional functionality software for the product, which significantly and consistently improves the end user experience.
    I install said items upon receipt of delivery from manufacturer.
    I sell the product for €130 per piece.
    I have a robust customer support framework in place across various contact channels.
    I have a support knowledge base compiled which is being added to every day.
    I have a very strong social media presence across both FB and TW, with a ton of user interaction.
    I designed and launched a premium dot com website with fully functional online store.
    I have a very robust anti-fraud operational system plugged into the site with device fingerprinting functionality. (No chargebacks so far!)
    I started off in January purchasing 20 products, sold them quickly and bought 50.
    Sold orders of 50 very easily in both February & March.
    Sold 77 in April
    Sold 82 in May
    Sold 94 in June
    Have sold 28 in the first week of July.

I can see this thing scaling remarkably and going to hundreds of orders per month. Quite limitless potential.

Only other outgoing costs are postage, which I take a hit on (€5 domestic, €8 Europe, €12 wider reach - per product)

Customs/Import Duty - Approx: €250 per 75 pieces imported.

That's at quite a high level but enough depth to display some sort of potential.

I do this alone, in my spare time and am quickly finding out that there are not enough hours in the day for everything that needs done.

I am looking for someone that can add value to the business and assist with the following:

Investment to continue scale
    Advertising model implementation
    Company formation
    Source retail premises
    Customer service
    Marketing
    Online SEO

P.S - Very new to the business world!

Thanks very much in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hubba_bubba

Hello,

I am looking for a business partner / possible co-founder for a new and very exciting venture.

The ideal partner would have the skills to create smartphone applications for either android, iOS or even ideally both.

I do not want to give too much away but this would be a mobile payments start up. I feel there is a great opportunity to establish a mobile payment system that could be used throughout many retailers accross Dublin city and beyond.

If this sounds interesting to you maybe drop me a PM and we could meet for a coffee or something.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭zamo27

i am looking for a partner / buyer to buy a property in co.kildare
    i have a business plan for this property which would generate €600K+ a year
    Its a mixed business idea, restaurant, shop, school. I am a professional who has a proven track record in this business who want to go the next step

Hello,

I am looking for a business partner / possible co-founder for a new and very exciting venture.

The ideal partner would have the skills to create smartphone applications for either android, iOS or even ideally both.

I do not want to give too much away but this would be a mobile payments start up. I feel there is a great opportunity to establish a mobile payment system that could be used throughout many retailers accross Dublin city and beyond.

If this sounds interesting to you maybe drop me a PM and we could meet for a coffee or something.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sounds like a good business, have you heard of these guys

Wave is a m-commerce payment processor for mobile shopping applications, that enables merchants to make Card Present transactions online for the very first time. Through the use of NFC technology Wave enables consumers who are using these mobile applications to pay for merchandise using their NFC enabled debit/credit card, by simply tapping the back of their phone with their card and entering their pin when prompted to do so. link here www . launchbox .ie /2014-teams

Also I have a mate whos in DIT HotHouse, doing a mobile payment solutions for Irish merchants to enable merchants to receive payment through mobile in which each merchant has the option to choose a gateway such as paypal or stripe etc.

Just thought I would post that as it might come in handy for your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hubba_bubba

Ngalinda wrote: »
    Sounds like a good business, have you heard of these guys

Wave is a m-commerce payment processor for mobile shopping applications, that enables merchants to make Card Present transactions online for the very first time. Through the use of NFC technology Wave enables consumers who are using these mobile applications to pay for merchandise using their NFC enabled debit/credit card, by simply tapping the back of their phone with their card and entering their pin when prompted to do so. link here www . launchbox .ie /2014-teams

Also I have a mate whos in DIT HotHouse, doing a mobile payment solutions for Irish merchants to enable merchants to receive payment through mobile in which each merchant has the option to choose a gateway such as paypal or stripe etc.

Just thought I would post that as it might come in handy for your research.

Thanks for the reply.

yes wave sounds very interesting. I will look up more about them too. My solution would not be limited to NFC however as the iPhone is not NFC enabled. I'm sure there is still plenty I can learn from businesses like Wave tough.

Does your friend in DIT have an established company? Would be interesting to read up on him too.

Thanks again for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Awepic wrote: »
    Long term lurker, first time poster - tremendous resource this website. Without the many contributions, I have no idea where we'd all be.

At the start of the year I invested some savings into a market that I saw incredible potential in.

Here are some cliff notes:

The business model is commerce based, both online and offline.
    The product is of the home entertainment/gadget variety.
    I source the product at a cost price of €33 per piece.
    I have personally developed optimized firmware and additional functionality software for the product, which significantly and consistently improves the end user experience.
    I install said items upon receipt of delivery from manufacturer.
    I sell the product for €130 per piece.
    I have a robust customer support framework in place across various contact channels.
    I have a support knowledge base compiled which is being added to every day.
    I have a very strong social media presence across both FB and TW, with a ton of user interaction.
    I designed and launched a premium dot com website with fully functional online store.
    I have a very robust anti-fraud operational system plugged into the site with device fingerprinting functionality. (No chargebacks so far!)
    I started off in January purchasing 20 products, sold them quickly and bought 50.
    Sold orders of 50 very easily in both February & March.
    Sold 77 in April
    Sold 82 in May
    Sold 94 in June
    Have sold 28 in the first week of July.

I can see this thing scaling remarkably and going to hundreds of orders per month. Quite limitless potential.

Only other outgoing costs are postage, which I take a hit on (€5 domestic, €8 Europe, €12 wider reach - per product)

Customs/Import Duty - Approx: €250 per 75 pieces imported.

That's at quite a high level but enough depth to display some sort of potential.

I do this alone, in my spare time and am quickly finding out that there are not enough hours in the day for everything that needs done.

I am looking for someone that can add value to the business and assist with the following:

Investment to continue scale
    Advertising model implementation
    Company formation
    Source retail premises
    Customer service
    Marketing
    Online SEO

P.S - Very new to the business world!

Thanks very much in advance.

Hi Awepic,
    I might be able to help you. I have sent you a private message.
    All the best
    modmuffin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shanestan87

My business partner and I are currently looking for a web/app developer who lives in Dublin to join our team in partnership. Not to give to much away about the concept but it's to do with C2C online bartering.

Please get in touch if interested.

Thanks

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I'm looking for businesses based within (about) an hour of Waterford to act as "first adopters"/primary distributors of a new leisure-and-transport voucher. Distributors can simply re-sell the vouchers for up to 6.67% commission or use them as a promotional tool within their own business.

The product has a long validity (>six years) and is designed to be highly attractive, collected over time, given as birthday/Christmas/wedding presents as well as won/earned in local competitions and promotions, and eventually exchanged for a much-sought after service.

At this stage - proof-of-concept - distribution will be strictly limited in terms of quantity and geography. The leisure-and-transport reward is dependent on having sufficient interest amongst the wider business community for buying and re-selling/giving away the vouchers - disruptive innovation in an industry that has, to date, been a closed shop.

More details available by PM ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BlueCool

Hi,
    Need to find a web/app developer for a new business. The idea is well formed and has is being supported by Enterprise Ireland. Would be interested in meeting with a web/app developer who would be interested in a partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FredAve

I own an established IT related business in the S.E. We have been in business continuously since 1998. Looking to partner with a web designer and/or developer. A lot of potential in my existing market to supply web design\hosting\SEO\PPC and associated services. We have a couple of flagship sites done locally already with big pulling potential if marketed correctly. We can provide premises, reputation, capital. We need technical expertise and real commitment. Will consider almost any business arrangement as long as it is mutually advantageous and looks after our clients. Please PM me here and I'll get back to you with contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Hi,
    I'm looking for a potential partner with engineering/manufacturing experience for a light engineering project I'm currently prototyping.

Ideally Leinster based.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

Building a location based payments/loyalty app, white label software first but will be looking to add additional functionality through the API.

Looking for developers, sales or anyone really who would be interested in working on such a project.

Will be provided company equity for coming on board and contributing depending on skills and effort.

Hi all
    Anyone out there with a seriously good business idea but not sure how to go about setting it up?
    I'm looking at getting involved with someone who has a great business idea, is hard working, ambitious and hungry to succeed.
    I am in Dublin, have capital and have set up other successful businesses. I have also worked in a very broad range of business sectors.
    I'd also be interested in getting involved in an existing business too.
    No software development / app business ideas as it's just not my gig.
    Don't procrastinate any more - pm me and we grab a coffee to discuss.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Royallyon

Hi all,

Hi I am looking for a someone from a sales/business development background who would be interested in getting involved with a successful online marketing company based in Dublin. How I would see it is that we would look after all the online and development side of things, with sales and business development your role. We have hired sales guys before but unfortunately they just seemed to not have any passion for the job. Yes they did bring in some sales/contracts but I suppose we are trying to look at the bigger picture and try to bring optimum value for our clients. What we would like to offer is a vested interest in the business to someone, with the aim to grow and expand the business. Unfortunately, we are not sales guys, but we know that on our side (web development & marketing) we can deliver outstanding results to clients, and we have the results and stats to back it up. If you are interested PM me and we can casually discuss things further. Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hi,

I've come up with what looks a good topical solution to a growing problem in the housing market. I've got the developments costs etc, but as i'm already a partner in a profitable it business, i think ill give this up to some one else. I'm not the marketing type and wont have time to see it through.

The general consensus of the people I've told is that this is a good idea (i haven't told that many)

What would be ideal is a web database developer and a marketing person..

Advertisement