Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much work is needed for the development levy?

• 25-02-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have full planning permission in co cork and have to pay a development levy (the same as everyone else does) That levy goes up by 7% I think every year.

How much work do we need to do to qualify as having started work and hence being allowed to pay the levy?

We wont be getting fully into our build for another year or two but we're wondering how to minimise the amount we have to pay by paying it sooner.

Is fencing the site enough? Fencing it, and opening the entrance through the ditch? doing some basic groundworks?

If this is against the rules then delete away mods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

Hi JohnBoy

We recently received planning in Co Cork also. My reading of the document was that we can not start work UNTIL we pay the levy.
    My assumption is that you can pay any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Sorry, yeah, you cant start until you've paid, but is there not also an obligation to start works within a few weeks of paying also.

so my question is how much work do you have to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Unusual request JB . Most look to stagger / break up / delay the payment . That can usually be done by negotiation with the local authority . Don't know how many folks will have tested the waters you are looking at here .

I have had the experience that , where works appear to the local authority that works have stopped - they require you to re submit a commencement notice .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

How would you delay the payment? as its a requirement before works can start?

when new commencement notices were required were additional levies applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

I didn't see any obligation to start within a specific time period.

I'm assuming if you're in a position to pay, you should pay asap to avoid any interest payments.
    (I doubt if any co co will refuse to take money)

As for delayed payments:
    I know of cases where an agreement was made that the levy would be paid in installments. These usually lined up with mortgage draw downs from the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

AFAIK you can pay your contribution levy at any stage, even before the Commencement Notice goes in. It is seen as complying with a condition of planning permission rather than a contribution to start off developing/building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

There was a similiar thread a while back. In our case we were told we could pay in installments but when we applied for our water connection (seperate fee altogether) they wouldn't process until the fees were paid in full.

Advertisement