Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best dj Program Out

Options
  • 25-02-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know what is the best dj program to use that is out at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Traktor is the big one, really popular.

I use Torq. I just like it better than Traktor.

There's Ableton if you want to get really creative or produce your own music. Way too much for standard DJing though.

You'd probably get a better response on the DJing forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=126

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Traktor, Torq and Serato are the top 3 really. I have both Traktor and Torq. I find Torq emulates the feel of real Djing a bit better where as with Traktor I can feel a bit detached some times. That said you can probably do a lot more with Traktor and its a bit more stable. Prefer the built in effects as well.

Torq requires you to have an M-Audio controller or device to plug into it. The Xponent is a good option. http://www.torq-dj.com/product.php

Traktor can be used without a controller or can be mapped to one of the many controllers available . You will need a soundcard with 2 channels if you want to be able to cue properly (hear the music you are bringing in on your headphones). Some controllers come with built in soundcards. Check out the Dance forum for recommendations on these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭lanyonwhites

Tractor dj

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

virtual dj is ok. the denon is very hard to get around

Advertisement