Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-sits

Options
  • 25-02-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can anyone help me here. I'm a 1st year, and I failed one of my philosophy modules in semester 1. I assumed after I paid the fee I'd get an email letting me know what the story was with the re-sit but I didn't, does anyone have an info about the re-sits, and who should I go to in UCD for more info? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Just wondering can anyone help me here. I'm a 1st year, and I failed one of my philosophy modules in semester 1. I assumed after I paid the fee I'd get an email letting me know what the story was with the re-sit but I didn't, does anyone have an info about the re-sits, and who should I go to in UCD for more info? Cheers

Not sure on the procedure myself as I'm lucky enough not to have been in that situation, but if you go to your programs office they will be able to tell you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Try calling up to the School office, too. They may be able to help you, too, and let you know if you actually have to sit another exam or if you can just submit an extra assignment. It varies from school to school and course to course, so it would be best to check with both the School Office and the Programme Office.

Not meaning to scaremonger or anything, but writing down the dates and times you called up and who you spoke to and what they said might also be an idea, just incase some 'confusion' should arise at some point in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jenni-fabuloso

hey, have been in the same situation twice with philosophy the re-sit is usually a 2500 word essay. U just e-mail Margaret Brady or go to D504 to her office and she'll give you the title. It's normally due the last day of the semester! Good Luck!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Thanks a lot, got sorted today.

Advertisement