Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion Detection

Options
  • 25-02-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello,

I've had an idea but I don't really know how to go about it. I have basic knowledge of electronics and circuits but the idea for this is to dive in head first and attempt to make something useful!

I want to make a device that will detect motion (cars/people), send a signal wirelessly several meters to a receiver which will be connected to a buzzer or speaker and alert me to the motion. It has to go through brick wall into my house.

So my idea was to use either a PIR or ultrasonic motion sensor connected to maybe an AM transmitter? TBH, I don't know a lot about radio or wireless. Can anybody suggest how to send this signal inside to inside my house? Lets say radio would work, have the AM transmitter send a sound generated from an ic outside to a receiver inside which is connected to a speaker.

This is more of a learning experience for me, and I hope someone can fill in the blanks.. Or correct what I have already redface.gif.

Thanks!

Advertisement