Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelesa V Manchester City - Sat 27/02

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    BIG RESULT

Xavi6 4 - CHD 2 ......
    :pac:

Dave! wrote: »
    Where's CHD when you're looking for someone to abuse?!
    Here, bring it!

Brien wrote: »

Fair fux Bellamy. He certainly doesn't like to hold back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you can almost see Bellamy hesitate in what he was going to say, then when the question was rephrased to him, in his head you can almost just see him go 'F*ck it'.

i'm glad he said it. too frequently there is the sanitising of the facts. he said nothing that wasn't true, and he was complementary to him as a player.

awesome stuff.

CHD wrote: »
    Here, bring it!

in all honesty man, i think it was DazMarz came in and was pretty deflated, almost resigning the title to Utd.

even though I wouldn't do that, and i'm sure you won't, do you honestly think you're in a bit of trouble now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

SlickRic wrote: »
    in all honesty man, i think it was DazMarz came in and was pretty deflated, almost resigning the title to Utd.

even though I wouldn't do that, and i'm sure you won't, do you honestly think you're in a bit of trouble now?
    Yeah we are, we are losing the title by 2 at the moment imo. Can win at OT to change that. Far from over but with all out crapness lately United not taking advantage says it all. Arsenal are back in it now too.

Essien back very soon, will change it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well done City. We were ****e, Thought Barry dived. bleugh....

How are we still top lately.
    Here, bring it!

Jesus ,you're alive ,Thank God for that .
    Thought you where dead mate ...:pac:

I would have miss you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Here, bring it!

Did your team lose today?

I kid.... Just couldn't help myself. You're a good kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yeah we are, we are losing the title by 2 at the moment imo. Can win at OT to change that. Far from over but with all out crapness lately United not taking advantage says it all. Arsenal are back in it now too.

Essien back very soon, will change it all.

Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

CHD and I are a double act: He's the optimistic one, I'm the pessimistic one. I'd love for him to be right all the time, but my doom and gloom usually prevails, to the detriment of my mental well-being...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Oh dear where to start, first half was grand we were really comfortable without doing to much, then a comedy of errors gifted City an equalizer.

Shocking second half from us. Lucky for us United are also terrible this year. Can't see us winning the league though honestly think Arsenal will do it now. We have the hardest run in and we are just playing terrible.

Also Ballack is shocking.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Did your team lose today?

I kid.... Just couldn't help myself. You're a good kid.
    ROCKMAN wrote:
    Jesus ,you're alive ,Thank God for that .
    Thought you where dead mate ...

I would have miss you

Thanks lads xx

how long is Czeh out for , That will be a major factor in the league race .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

3/4 weeks apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Why didn't Hilario get man of the match instead of Tevez. Such a Fix.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    how long is Czeh out for , That will be a major factor in the league race .

a month.

It's funny, it wasn't long ago people were saying Czeh was the weak-link.

It's the guys in front of the keepers that are the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

rarnes1 wrote: »
    a month.

Cech has been excellent for about a month now nearly back to his best actually.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    a month.

That could be true , but how are they going to feel playing in front of this keeper ,after todays performance , its not going to help them , They cannot/will not have any confidence in him. Which will surely have an effect,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dear oh dear..where to begin
    well the first 40 mins or so werent too bad from a chelsea point of view, thought we would get a goal or 2 and that would be it.
    the comedy of errors, mikel header, the two centre backs allowing tevez through, personally, i still think rickky should have been running back to the line to cover the keeper, after the break, full credit to city, they used bellemys pace something cruel and got their just rewards. ballack shouldnt have seen the second half at tall, we need someone better in that position, and so i wasnt surprised to see him sent off the shoite he was going on with. surprised joe cole got taken off, seen him play a lot worse for a lot longer in a game.
    chelsea seemed to really start playing when down to 9 men, at least there is a bit of bite in them i suppose.
    on a personal level, didnt like hearing bridge gettin booed by the home fans, unecessary at the best of times, yet alone after recent events. man city finished the game the better team, and fair play they got their rewards.

good game city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Bellamy making a fool of Terry on and off the pitch today, awesome! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Chelsea were horrendously poor in defence today. The keeper too. Hilario looked like he hadnt played first team football in a long time. Silly tackles et all. City deserved the win. Title race wide open again, which I prefer as a neutral. I'm sure there are plenty more twists and turns after today too.

Gotta love Bellamy's handshake too. Makes eye contact with the refs, linesmen....gets to Terry, looks away, mouths something that looks suspiciously like "w@nker", and then makes eye contact with the rest of the team as he shakes their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

nlzejn.gif
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus i stop watching at half time because it was pure and simple crap and return to find city beat chelsea 2-4

oh happy days

peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

btw ya got to love Bellamy

• Advertisement

nlzejn.gif

In fairness, can't blame the man at all... I always loved Bridgey... Put Arsenal out of Euro, as our song says. Terry has made a right gob of himself lately, both on and off the pitch.

nlzejn.gif

guys what must the young mascots make of it?

guys what must the young mascots make of it?

hopefully that Bridge is not a hypocrite, and is a man of some principle.

that's what i'd tell them anyway.

SlickRic wrote: »
    hopefully that Bridge is not a hypocrite, and is a man of some principle.

that's what i'd tell them anyway.

yeah but sport is sport. its not hypocrisy to shake hands, its mere sportsmanship. lets face it they are both on enough money.

they will probably be a film about this soon wait and see. danny dyer for john terry anyone???? :D:D

yeah but sport is sport. its not hypocrisy to shake hands, its mere sportsmanship. lets face it they are both on enough money.

they will probably be a film about this soon wait and see. danny dyer for john terry anyone???? :D:D

Jude Law is a must to play John Terry. No one likes him either.

• Advertisement

i'm sorry, but IMO that's bollix.

it is hypocrisy if he shakes his hand. because nowhere in Bridge's being is he going to wish John Terry well, even in sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat does how much they earn have to do wit anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it looked to me like the JT situation got to Chelsea today. On one occasion, JT clearly looked uncomfortable going up for a corner with Bridge in eyesight. Strange match all in all but credit to City, they were awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat does how much they earn have to do wit anything?
    innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

nlzejn.gif

That makes Sky News headlines? Jesus.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    That makes Sky News headlines? Jesus.

No bombs going off anywhere, so they had to stick something in there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

In fairness to Wayne Bridge, Terry did say "Smell my fingers" half a second before hand. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

For every possible reason, I enjoyed today's match as much as any I've watched this season.

Bravo Messrs Carlito, Bridge and Bellamy for doing United a big favour, for serving a modicum of justice to JT and for putting the Scousers under a bit more pressure. A good day all round.........:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I really enjoyed this game earlier. Was happy for Bridge and thought it was a disgrace the way some of the fans treated him. Also was probably the first time I was genuinely happy to see Tevez score since his United days.

City were very clinical and Chelsea made a lot of errors. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

• Advertisement

How long is Cech out for lads? Hilario was awful today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

flahavaj wrote: »
    How long is Cech out for lads? Hilario was awful today.

3-4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yeah I really enjoyed this game earlier. Was happy for Bridge and thought it was a disgrace the way some of the fans treated him. Also was probably the first time I was genuinely happy to see Tevez score since his United days.

City were very clinical and Chelsea made a lot of errors. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Hardly a disgrace, he has refused to play for England, and the other party involved is Chelsea's Captain. Hence, the Engerland, Engerland, Engerland singing after.

3-4 weeks

Could be massive.

Lads on RTE highlighting how rattled JT was today. He was as bad as is new haircut all match.

Loved how Bridge looked him straight in the eye and Terry just looked at the ground like a coward.

What a day.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Hardly a disgrace, he has refused to play for England, and the other party involved is Chelsea's Captain. Hence, the Engerland, Engerland, Engerland singing after.

We all know why he has refused to play for England. Some of them were snarling and hurling abuse and I'd call that disgraceful seeing as he's the victim in this situation.

We all know why he has refused to play for England. Some of them were snarling and hurling abuse and I'd call that disgraceful seeing as he's the victim in this situation.
    What did you expect, their will be a % of fools at every game. Chelsea fans for the most part didn't boo him and applauded him when he went off.

What did you expect, their will be a % of fools at every game. Chelsea fans for the most part didn't boo him and applauded him when he went off.

I understand that. I know it wasn't everyone but it was still frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

just in lads

can i just say!

Come on city!!!

now i feel dirty, but in a good way :)

did you see the game CHD?

did you enjoy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i would also like to say fair play to the Chelsea fans who showed Bridge respect today rather then joining in with the mob of louts who gave him a hard time

Good management :eek: by Mancini bringing him off imo, he did his job and saved him the cameras in his face at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

kryogen wrote: »
    Good management :eek: by Mancini bringing him off imo, he did his job and saved him the cameras in his face at the end

He came off because he did his groin.

Advertisement