Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when co-worker exceeds annual leave allocation?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

long story short, what I am supposed to do when I know for sure a co-worker has exceeded the yearly allocation and management are not aware of it? It is not in my job description to check for other people's annual leave, it's just that I am pretty sure this particular person has done it in the past as well and didn't get caught and nobody seem to care anyway.

Any input greatly appreciated,
    xxx dontwantit xxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

As you said. It's not your job. Do nothing. Worry about your own position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jimmyfixit

Hard to know. I worked in UCD last year and my contract didnt get renewed
    One of the staff in the department was missing for 50 days yes 50 more than his AL allowed. They were full time and no manager gave a sh*t or had the balls to say something to them. Yet Im the one whos out of a job. You could also clock in online from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Speak to your manager and ask them when your annual leave allowance is going to be raised to match your co-workers.
    If he asks what you are talking about just give them the facts and let them take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Thirty Thirty

Can I ask why you care- if it goes unnoticed, why don't you just go over your allocation?

Also, you don't know what the terms of your workmates contract are- you could make yourself look really petty by making an issue of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Unless it directly effects your own work I would ignore it. I assume you have a manager or supervisor who is supposed to monitor this and aren't doing their job properly. There may also be circumstances behind this that you are unaware of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Send in an anonymous email from a fake email address if you really want to be sneaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

As soon as you start being paid a manager's salary, you should start doing a managers job and checking up on employee attendance, quality and output levels.

Until then, I'd suggest that you focus on doing your own job.

Harsh, yes. But as someone said, you have no information about what your colleagues HR situation is (because you're not management). You know nothing, relatively speaking.

Advertisement