Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DITSU Election Results 2010

Options
  • 25-02-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Election Results so far:

Convenor Elections in at 1600:

Cathal Brugha St results:
    Total Poll= 476
    Spoilt Votes= 9
    Valid Poll=467
    Yes= 425
    No=42
    Seóna Dunne, Deemed Elected

Mountjoy Convenor Results:
    Total Poll=326
    Spoilt=3
    Valid Poll=323
    Yes=299
    No=24
    Kieran Keane Deemed Elected

Kevin St Convenor results:
    Total Poll=744
    Spoit=23
    Valid Poll=721
    Yes=625
    No=96
    Graham Hayes, Deemed Elected

Rathmines Convenor Poll:
    Total=106
    Spoilt=3
    Valid=103
    Yes=62
    No=41
    Gareth Walker Ayers Deemed ELECTED
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 graham.o.maonaigh

Bolton St Convenor Poll:
    Total=976
    Spoilt=12
    Valid=964
    Yes=869
    No=95
    Suzann Tutty Deemed ELECTED

To follow the results on Twitter:

@DITnews OR #DITSU2010

First Contested election being counted now. The Aungier St Convenor Election.

Candidates: Siobhan Abrook, Darren Bates and Conor Thompson

Aungier St Convenor Election Results

Total Poll: 820
    Spoilt:37
    Valid Poll: 783
    Quota: 392

Round 1:
    Siobhan Abrook 263
    Darren Bates 158
    Conor Thompson 351
    RON 11

No candidate reach the quota at this point.
    RON and Darren Bates transfers were now distributed

Round 2:
    Non-Transferable 78
    Siobhan Abrook (+41) = 304
    Conor Thompson (+50) = 401

Conor Thompson exceeded the quota and was deemed Elected

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Rathmines Convenor Poll:
    Total=106
    Spoilt=3
    Valid=103
    Yes=62
    No=41
    Gareth Walker Ayers Deemed ELECTED

That's not a margin I'd be happy with if I was Gareth. Nearly half of the people actively don't want him there. Wow.

• Advertisement

Hang on... just noticed this link wasn't posted...

http://www.ditsu.ie/ditsu-tv

Watch the results LIVE!

That's right, you too can witness a bunch of SU types saying stupid stuff to a webcam in an attempt to be cool and other people trying to look busy. Quite funny!

Also,
    VP for student and Academic Affairs...
    Clare Cullen.

VP for Services etc...

3337 votes cast in total.

Quota : 1669
    Eric Fitzgerald : 1159
    John Wade: 1091

Barry Drake is gone as is poor ol' Ron

This is all nearly as exciting as study.

Eric Fitzgerald elected for VP for Services and Trading and all such jazz.

That's two journalism students. Pow. Here's to some wordy posters next year.

1682 - Sean
    1699 - Ciaran

17 votes in the difference. Yowza. Wonder how many votes Sean lost through various boards.ie threads?

Ciaran Nevin is our incoming El Presidente.

Must say I'm quite pleased, everyone I voted for got elected. Whopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pugsymalone

Hey Fewcifur,

Thanks for the election update. Yet again, boards delivers the news before anywhere else - just like the Aungier St fire.

Nevin wins by 17 votes - I can't believe that it was that close.

• Advertisement

Hey Fewcifur,

Thanks for the election update. Yet again, boards delivers the news before anywhere else - just like the Aungier St fire.

Nevin wins by 17 votes - I can't believe that it was that close.

Really is the closest of margins. Personally I think for sanity sake I'd rather be slaughtered than come so close. I image Sean is going over every step of his campaign and thinking "if only I'd skipped lunches and campaigned or worked harder..." etc. Felt sorry for him at the end, his face just dropped and he kinda faded into the background.

The live video feed was a great idea. It wasn't executed as well as it could have been, but I think it was an experiment and I reckon it worked. Such initiatives could really bring up the profile of the SU.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Hmm I wonder if mr Campbell had used boards properly and explained his campaign objectives here would he have got 17 more votes. Very possibly, and he knew we were here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pugsymalone

Fewcifur wrote: »
    The live video feed was a great idea. It wasn't executed as well as it could have been, but I think it was an experiment and I reckon it worked. Such initiatives could really bring up the profile of the SU.

Couldn't agree more. I think Nevin showed he could use video well during his campaign, and then the live video stream was a deadly idea. Maybe DITSU are getting the hang of this internet thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i hear rumours of a re count for pres anyone able to confirm

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

scheister wrote: »
    i hear rumours of a re count for pres anyone able to confirm

Recount confirmed on the DITSU website. http://www.ditsu.ie/su-elections

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

nevin actually made the effort and came around to all the classes, he even got to our class twice. as for sean, i was standing in the hall of bolton street and he came up to my friends and i and asked us to vote for him. no proposals, no info just plain and simple asked us to vote for him. too bad i had already voted for ron.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Recount confirmed on the DITSU website. http://www.ditsu.ie/su-elections

Exciting times and not completely unexpected. There were no transfers etc though so the count should have been pretty straight forward. Here's hoping the result stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doogle deegan

the recount is finished, Nevin won by 6 votes

the recount is finished, Nevin won by 6 votes

6 votes?! Wow. If I was Sean and knew who Tonyfloney was I'd be having some serious chats, but then again that's just one small aspect of the campaign, yet I think an aspect of the campaign that can be pinpointed as having a detrimental effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

6 votes?! Wow. If I was Sean and knew who Tonyfloney was I'd be having some serious chats, but then again that's just one small aspect of the campaign, yet I think an aspect of the campaign that can be pinpointed as having a detrimental effect.

1,500 views on that thread is a huge number of people in a student election scenario. No way did that thread not have some effect on people's voting patterns...

1,500 views on that thread is a huge number of people in a student election scenario. No way did that thread not have some effect on people's voting patterns...

Very very true. Hopefully the lesson is learned for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

it could just have been the same people over and over again checking in when someone replied....

Don't think it works like that, think the lil cookies will prevent such messing, but even if the views were doubled or quadrupled, it's still a significant percentage of those that voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ocnoc wrote: »
    it could just have been the same people over and over again checking in when someone replied....

I believe views are counted as individual unique views rather then the total visits people have made, or re-visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Thanks for the clarification.... that's a lot of views then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

That's not a margin I'd be happy with if I was Gareth. Nearly half of the people actively don't want him there. Wow.

Not delighted, but the facts are that the majority do want me there, and RON campaigns were allegedly in motion during the campaign, under my radar. Well, i've got a year to change those ronnies minds! ;) Just more motivated to do a great job now!:D

GarethWA wrote: »
    Not delighted, but the facts are that the majority do want me there, and RON campaigns were allegedly in motion during the campaign, under my radar. Well, i've got a year to change those ronnies minds! ;) Just more motivated to do a great job now!:D

Obviously wasn't a very good campaign if it was under your radar :pac:, but it's true, the majority speaks and all that.

Good first step coming on boards and interacting

Advertisement