Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in rural Kilkenny area

• 25-02-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Apologies for another of those "What are my options in XXXX" but this is for a friend and she's close to pulling all of her lovely hair out.

She's based in the town of Castlecomer which is a little less than 10 miles outside of Kilkenny city. She's trying not to go down the phone line/DSL route as she's hoping to move in the next 18 months to 2 years. From what I know she's tried some of the mobile internet options (3 & Vodafone) but the reception there stinks. O2 has yet to be tried but I'm not holding out much hope.

Anyone know of any other options available in that part of the country?

Thank you very much in advance.

CJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

DSL may be her best option. Contracts are generally 6-12 months, so moving in 18-24 months time shouldn't be an issue.

Permanet may have coverage in Comer, but I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe Castlecomer exchange is enabled for DSL, she'd be better off on ADSL then any of the so called "Mobile Broadband" packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Thanks for that people.

I was guessing DSL would be her best option. Those mobile internet options just don't cut it outside towns and cities.

Thanks,

CJ

Advertisement