Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Ten: Overrated Premier League footballers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

JPA wrote: »
    I'd say you probably deserve the praise when ya get to that stage eh?!

well if the praise is going over the top you are over-rated. i remember when ronaldo (brazilian one) was the best player in the world people were over-rating him, saying he was the best player of all time and other stuff (when in fact he wasn't the best player to ever play for his country)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »
    Cantona.

he gets far too much credit for 'nurturing' those utd youngsters to those League titles.

In agreement to acertain extent. But my reasons are probably different, I would say his ability to perform in Europe makes him less of a players than is commonly acknowledged.

The nurturing thing is overstated though, it is true that he set new standards for training practices at the club in his dedication on the practice pitch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Mr Alan wrote: »
    this thread should be ****in blown up. lampard?gallas?gerrard?van persie?henry?tevez? Are people messing?

Who said Henry was overrated? I want a word with that man.

Drogba, Rooney, Cantona, Keane, Torres, Ronaldo.

Useless the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

surely Joleon Lescott should be up there. Carrick I agree with. Clichy, ye. Kuyt. Toure. Adebayor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PaulieC wrote: »
    Rio Ferdinand - wouldn't put his baby finger into challenges where Vidic would put his head - for a CB has absolutely no heart or balls imo.

yeah, no heart. That's why he was picked ahead of Gerrard, Rooney etc. for captain of England. Dunno when you last watched him play, he's moved from Leeds to Man United, dunno if you've heard ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Who said Henry was overrated? I want a word with that man.

ill do it

Henry = very overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Given, Carragher, Lescott, Barry, Agger, Anderson, Hargreaves, Terry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

kryogen wrote: »
    ill do it

Henry = very overrated
    Trolling as usual, making him out to be very over rated when he is obviously the most over rated player ever.

Seriously like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah, no heart. That's why he was picked ahead of Gerrard, Rooney etc. for captain of England. Dunno when you last watched him play, he's moved from Leeds to Man United, dunno if you've heard ;)

Oh I see what you just did there - you implied that I haven't seen Ferdinand play since his move from Leeds to United to make it seem like I haven't been watching him for the last few years of his career and am therefore unable to formulate an opinion on his play - Good one :rolleyes:

He doesn't deserve to be the captain of England by a long shot - that said, going on current form neither does Gerrard. Ferdinand isn't a full blooded defender, he never throws his body on the line (like Terry vs. Arsenal when he took a hoof to the head clearing a header)

IMHO I simply think that Ferdinand has no guts, no character and no heart. If you differ then fine but I just feel the fact that he's been appointed stand in captain is irrelevant to his style of play and is merely a testament to the fact he's been involved in the England setup for a number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If you're saying overrated as in 'overrated by the media' then the vast majority of the list will be British or will play for very big English clubs.

Owen
    Clichy
    Rooney
    Terry
    Carrick
    Defoe
    Crouch

etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I'd agree with you there, while he is (was?) a good player and would improve our midfield, people were talking about him coming back to the Irish squad as if he was Kaka.

Well he is Kaka compared to the two we have in midfield at the minute. Where was he linked with United the Star?

Overrated- Lescot, Troure Liverpools whole squad bar Gerrard/Torres/ Beneyon/Carragher/Mash & Reina

Ireland because he hasnt proved himself yet at international level! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Smegball wrote: »
    Given,

steady on there now. Don't you know you're on an Irish forum here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Roy Keane.

For all his talk of professionalism, he left a sinking ship at forest, broke a verbal agreement with Blackburn, tried to end Alfie Haaland's career, walked out on his country, criticised his teammates in public and managed to take a perrenially promotion challenging team at Ipswich into a relegation dogfight.

Where's his professionalism now? Nothing more than rent-a-quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Well he is Kaka compared to the two we have in midfield at the minute. Where was he linked with United the Star?

Overrated- Lescot, Troure Liverpools whole squad bar Gerrard/Torres/ Beneyon/Carragher/Mash & Reina

Ireland because he hasnt proved himself yet at international level! :D

This. I think you'll find most people don't even rate Liverpool's squad so you may want to re-think your little theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PaulieC wrote: »
    Oh I see what you just did there - you implied that I haven't seen Ferdinand play since his move from Leeds to United to make it seem like I haven't been watching him for the last few years of his career and am therefore unable to formulate an opinion on his play - Good one :rolleyes:

He doesn't deserve to be the captain of England by a long shot - that said, going on current form neither does Gerrard. Ferdinand isn't a full blooded defender, he never throws his body on the line (like Terry vs. Arsenal when he took a hoof to the head clearing a header)

IMHO I simply think that Ferdinand has no guts, no character and no heart. If you differ then fine but I just feel the fact that he's been appointed stand in captain is irrelevant to his style of play and is merely a testament to the fact he's been involved in the England setup for a number of years.
    seriously dude, you are talking a load of rubbish, but sure, Capello and Ferguson are wrong and you are right. Not a 'full blooded defender? That's a new one... Just because he doesn't dive in and make silly tackles and reads the game in front of him he is a worse player?

He was very close to taking the England captaincy off Terry even before all the tabloid rubbish. Also you say he has no heart? Whenever he plays now he is the most vocal defender in the team and is definitely not afraid to put his body on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Roy Keane.

For all his talk of professionalism, he left a sinking ship at forest, broke a verbal agreement with Blackburn, tried to end Alfie Haaland's career, walked out on his country, criticised his teammates in public and managed to take a perrenially promotion challenging team at Ipswich into a relegation dogfight.

Couldn't agree with this more!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Roy Keane.

And how does that come into his performances? He was one of the best footballers to ever play for this country. Not overrated at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

aaronh007 wrote: »
    This. I think you'll find most people don't even rate Liverpool's squad so you may want to re-think your little theory

Finished second last year, quarters of the CL too.

I am willing to accept the "only as good as your last game" line but its a bit much to say the whole squad shouldn't be rated so soon after showing what it could do last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

Kevin Kilbane = over a million caps for ireland, so someone must be over-rating him

LOL at the description of Beattie

Even though I don't think he's particularly 'rated' by anyone, as such

mike65 wrote: »
    He's not actually played a huge amount to be honest and the back line was at sixes and sevens across its width earlier this season so picking out Johnson is rather lame but I guess it makes better copy then mentioning say Skrtel.

Think he's overated in the way that they paid 18 million for him! Regardless of what he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

10) Paul Scharner
    A versatile and solid player for Wigan Athletic, Scharner has stood out when others have failed to turn up on match days. He can play in midfield and in defence and gives boss Roberto Martinez a nice option when trying to change things around. He is one of those players who doesn’t really get noticed much in a game but does his job efficiently without the dramatics and flair that you get from other players. He has already made 131 appearances for Wigan.

9) Richard Dunne
    Maybe one of the finest central defenders ever to play in the Premier League. He was given a lot of stick at Man City, which in my mind was unfair. Tactically he is always spot on and is a great leader in the backline. A superb signing by Martin O’Neill who knows a good player when he sees one. Again, much like Michael Dawson, he is undeterred when going in for a header or challenge and doesn’t get the praise he deserves. I’m sure Fergie could do with a player like Dunne at this moment in time.

8) Glenn Whelan
    Unfortunately for some Stoke City players, the label of the Potters being a long ball team gives them a one dimensional stigma. One of those players who cannot be considered ‘a long ball‘player is Glenn Whelan. Signed from Sheffield Wednesday for a measly £500k he is a vital cog in the Stoke machine and has come up with some thunderbolts this season. He gives the team a bit of stability in the centre of the park and has impressed on international duty for the Republic of Ireland. His wonder strike against Italy last year just gave us a glimpse of what the 25 year old can do.

7) Steven Pienaar
    I’m tempted not to put Pienaar in this list as he is now a player who is really being noticed and is putting world class performances in for Everton FC. Bought for £2m from Dortmund in 2008, Pienaar is now looking one of the bargains of the last few years. This year he has really stood out in the Everton side with his skills and non stop energy. His goal against Arsenal was maybe one of the coolest finishes you’ll see this season. Don’t be surprised if he is bought for an eight figure sum in the next transfer window.

6) Lorik Cana
    The Sunderland midfielder was a quiet signing by Steve Bruce in the summer of 2009, and he has hit the ground running at the Stadium of Light. He was immediately installed as captain by Bruce which tells you how highly he is regarded. He is a tough tackling midfielder who is a great leader on the pitch. Arsene Wenger has stated his admiration for him and ironically Cana was on trial with Arsenal as a 16 year old, but encountered visa problems. Darren Bent has been getting all the headlines but Cana is the man that the team revolves around.

5) Fabrice Muamba
    Yes alright, this player is a Gary Megson signing. But he’s been a sound performer for the Trotters this season. Tall, athletic and a monster in the tackle (not that tackle!), Muamba is quietly impressing pundits around the country. He was no snip either at £5m from Birmingham City, but it seems to be money well spent. He plays much in the same vein as Patrick Viera and did a wonderful job man marking Steven Gerrard earlier in the season. He’s another in a long line of players from the Arsenal youth academy.

4) Roger Johnson
    Yep it’s another central defender in the Top Ten but you can’t really argue with the performances that the big stalwart has put in this season. Birmingham City have only conceded eight goals at home this season and Johnson has been instrumental in that stat. He is great in the air, a hard tackler and is a superb leader at the back. Still only 26, he is again the Dawson bracket, with an England call not altogether implausible. Undoubtedly one of the surprises of the season.

3) Jussi Jaskalainen
    The Finnish goalkeeper has been a stalwart at Bolton since 1997 and the big man is getting better with age. Yes he’s at an unfashionable club but he makes some jaw dropping saves now and again and you can only stand and applaud when he does. A couple of times a season he will have an amazing game where the opposition just can’t get past him. It’s hard to think why a big club haven’t come in for him. Mr Wenger; he should be top of your list.

2) Clint Dempsey
    There haven’t been a lot of football players that have done well from the States, apart from of course Roy Wegerle! But Dempsey has been a revelation under Roy Hodgson and he is playing some outstanding football. The midfielder doesn’t really get the plaudits he deserves after hiding in the shadows of the likes of Zamora and Duff. He chips in with a lot of goals and it wouldn’t be surprising if a bigger team were to tempt Fulham with a bid in the summer.

1) Michael Dawson
    In the back of his mind, Michael Dawson must be secretly thanking Ledley King for being injury prone. The young centre back has been nothing short of colossal this season. He plays in the same vein as Terry Butcher; going for every header and putting his body on the line for the team. Centre backs really don’t get the headlines that the strikers do but Dawson has stood out like a beacon for Spurs this year. He has got to be on the list as an outsider for a seat on the plane to South Africa. Maybe this Top Ten will persuade Mr Capello to take him along to the tournament, ok maybe not.

Personaly i'd stick fuller in there instead of Scharner

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/632/Top_Ten_Underrated_Players_in_the_Premier_League.aspx

SantryRed wrote: »
    And how does that come into his performances? He was one of the best footballers to ever play for this country. Not overrated at all.
    He was a Vinny Jones that won the lottery.
    Except Vinny Jones never walked out on his country.

I read somewhere, can't remember where, smeone summing his career up as a failure. The general gist of it was that Ferguson told Keane that United would dominate English football without him, but with him they could dominate Europe.
    They certainly did dominate in England, something Ferguson said they would do anyway.
    They won one European Cup while he was at the club, but not while he was on the pitch.

If we're to measure him by Ferguson's expectations, he was overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

He was a Vinny Jones that won the lottery.
    Except Vinny Jones never walked out on his country.

I read somewhere, can't remember where, smeone summing his career up as a failure. The general gist of it was that Ferguson told Keane that United would dominate English football without him, but with him they could dominate Europe.
    They certainly did dominate in England, something Ferguson said they would do anyway.
    They won one European Cup while he was at the club, but not while he was on the pitch.

If we're to measure him by Ferguson's expectations, he was overrated.

Lol.

And lol again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Broke a verbal agreement with Blackburn? VERBAL!!!!!!!!!!!Forest were relegated. The fact he still cost a english record when he left showed how well he played for them that season! United should have dominated Europe with Keane but its not about a one person team look at Gerrard. Keane is underrated when you think of the awards he missed out on.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Broke a verbal agreement with Blackburn? VERBAL!!!!!!!!!!!Forest were relegated. The fact he still cost a english record when he left showed how well he played for them that season! United should have dominated Europe with Keane but its not about a one person team look at Gerrard. Keane is underrated when you think of the awards he missed out on.
    He missed out on them because, basically, he wasn't very good at football. A master of the 2 yard lateral or bakways pass and hacking down opponents.
    Vinny Jones would probably have won as much as Keane did if he played in that team.

edit: as for the verbal agreement with Blackburn, this is the same man who was citing a verbal agreement with McCarthy as the reason he cried off against Iran. He had the neck to question McCarthy's honesty.

Roy Keane.

ok

1. Didnt leave a sinking ship and was voted Forest player of the year the year they were relegated, sign of his dedication

2. Verbal agreement not worth the paper its written on, you choose Blackburn or Manchester United. im sure you would not be conflicted at all

3. Didnt try end his career, didnt end his career

4. Didnt walk out on his country

5. Criticism of teammates when they need a kick up the arse is part of captaincy, figures you wouldnt know that

6. Look into the Ipswitch situation a bit more before you speak about it i would advise you

7. your reasons for him being overrated are very spurious

8. he was overrated, of course he was, all the top players are, but he was the best player to ever wear the Irish jersey and he is the most successful captain in Manchester Uniteds history. deserves recognition

9. in his first year in management he took a pereniall yo yo club from the bottom to the top of the championship and won the division, he then kept them in the premier league and now at ipswich he has steadily moved them up the table away from relegation, this trend will continue

10. Next season will be a big one in his managerial career

11. this is about overrated players so wtf does his managerial career have to do with it

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Just because he doesn't dive in and make silly tackles and reads the game in front of him he is a worse player?

He was very close to taking the England captaincy off Terry even before all the tabloid rubbish. Also you say he has no heart? Whenever he plays now he is the most vocal defender in the team and is definitely not afraid to put his body on the line.

While I know he's been somewhat consistent for United and England I still think he's overrated - its simply my opinion. Being a full blooded defender doesn't mean you make silly tackles also - it means comitting fully to challenges that have to be made imo - Go hard or go home and I just think Ferdinand minds himself moreso than other defenders.

If I'm to be honest I think two seasons ago he was by far the best defender in the prem for the previous two seasons but since then I think he's declined sharply and is living off his reputation a bit. Talking to a few of my United mates earlier I brought this topic up and they agreed to an extent on this point.

Regarding leadership - I don't see him as a leader, all CBs have to talk to the backline - Vidic does it for United aswell, Terry & Carvahlio are similar - it's their job to organise the defence and he is a good organiser, otherwise he wouldn't consistently be on the England and Utd teams respectivly like you mentioned. IMO Lampard should be captain for the WC - and I'm a Liverpool fan which says something!! :eek:

I know he's been injured for ten months but Phil Jagielka has to be in there imo and I say this as a liverpool fan! I think himself and Lescott were fantastic last season for Everton and I feel that he made Lescott look better than what he really is. Over the last few seasons P.J. has been solid as a rock, a very very good defender who should be on that list imo

ok

1. Didnt leave a sinking ship and was voted Forest player of the year the year they were relegated, sign of his dedication

2. Verbal agreement not worth the paper its written on, you choose Blackburn or Manchester United. im sure you would not be conflicted at all

3. Didnt try end his career, didnt end his career

4. Didnt walk out on his country

5. Criticism of teammates when they need a kick up the arse is part of captaincy, figures you wouldnt know that

6. Look into the Ipswitch situation a bit more before you speak about it i would advise you

7. your reasons for him being overrated are very spurious

8. he was overrated, of course he was, all the top players are, but he was the best player to ever wear the Irish jersey and he is the most successful captain in Manchester Uniteds history. deserves recognition

9. in his first year in management he took a pereniall yo yo club from the bottom to the top of the championship and won the division, he then kept them in the premier league and now at ipswich he has steadily moved them up the table away from relegation, this trend will continue

10. Next season will be a big one in his managerial career

11. this is about overrated players so wtf does his managerial career have to do with it

1: so he played with forest in division 1?

2: Verbal agreements were sacrosanct when they suited him - see McCarthy and Iran away.

3: He did and he did. Hence the legal proceedings which Haaland eventually terminated.

4: Yes he did. He walked out on his country so he had something juicy to write in his book.

6: Correct, criticism, in private, is fine. Criticism, in public where players are singled out, isnot. Hence he was shown the door.

5: I know all about the Ipswich situation and the Sunderland one for that matter. What a terrific manager he is not.

7: Your rebuttals are the machinations of a childlike mind.

8: meh

9: His first year in management he outspent the rest of the championship to take a team that was second bottom AFTER ONLY 6 GAMES and won the division. The following year he outspent most of the premier league on dud players and stayed up, just. The following year, the chickens came home to roost. The players wouldn't play for him. Martinez has done a wonderful job to turn it arond with the monkeys Keane left behind.
    Ipswich career lol

10: There prob won't be a next season. Not at Ipswich anyway.

11: You didn't mind discussing it in 3 of your 11 'points'.

Good day, sir.

What's wrong with leaving a club who goes down? He was offered a deal with United. Would you not take it?

1: so he played with forest in division 1?

2: Verbal agreements were sacrosanct when they suited him - see McCarthy and Iran away.

3: He did and he did. Hence the legal proceedings which Haaland eventually terminated.

4: Yes he did. He walked out on his country so he had something juicy to write in his book.

6: Correct, criticism, in private, is fine. Criticism, in public where players are singled out, isnot. Hence he was shown the door.

5: I know all about the Ipswich situation and the Sunderland one for that matter. What a terrific manager he is not.

7: Your rebuttals are the machinations of a childlike mind.

9: His first year in management he outspent the rest of the championship to take a team that was second bottom AFTER ONLY 6 GAMES and won the division. The following year he outspent most of the premier league on dud players and stayed up, just. The following year, the chickens came home to roost. The players wouldn't play for him. Martinez has done a wonderful job to turn it arond with the monkeys Keane left behind.
    Ipswich career lol

10: There prob won't be a next season. Not at Ipswich anyway.

11: You didn't mind discussing it in 3 of your 11 'points'.

Good day, sir.

im not gonna read all the prattle there, but i got as far as Haaland again, you really know nothing about it

he didnt end his career, he didnt try

google isnt that hard to use is it?

oh i see Martinez is also the manager at Sunderland now? strange, was sure it was steve bruce

re point 1, why should he play with forest when he can further his career?

it makes no sense, yet you call my mind childlike

funny stuff pal

your talking through your hoop and your pretty much wrong in everything you have said

fair play thats quite an achievement
    my advice

GOOGLE, its really easy to search for information about things there, then you wont come across as such a "mis informed" individual

im not gonna read all the prattle there, but i got as far as Haaland again, you really know nothing about it

he didnt end his career, he didnt try

google isnt that hard to use is it?

oh i see Martinez is also the manager at Sunderland now? strange, was sure it was steve bruce

re point 1, why should he play with forest when he can further his career?

it makes no sense, yet you call my mind childlike

funny stuff pal

your talking through your hoop and your pretty much wrong in everything you have said

fair play thats quite an achievement
    my advice

GOOGLE, its really easy to search for information about things there, then you wont come across as such a "mis informed" individual
    Minor brainfart on the Marinez thing. These things happen.
    Who told you about it? That was after the Haaland point?

You're a fanboy. We get it. You don't have the ability to look at things rationally. That's fair enough. At least i know what I'm dealing with it.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    What's wrong with leaving a club who goes down? He was offered a deal with United. Would you not take it?
    Not if I'd agreed to join another club.

Minor brainfart on the Marinez thing. These things happen.
    Who told you about it? That was after the Haaland point?

You're a fanboy. We get it. You don't have the ability to look at things rationally. That's fair enough. At least i know what I'm dealing with it.

it caught my eye in the reply quote, easy thing to happen

hang on now, you criticise him for not staying at forest, and you criticise him for not leaving forest to join blackburn?

something doesnt add up

oh we get it, your the anti fanboy, unable to look at things rationally

nice to know what im dealing

im done with you now, not worth my time

it caught my eye in the reply quote, easy thing to happen

hang on now, you criticise him for not staying at forest, and you criticise him for not leaving forest to join blackburn?

something doesnt add up

oh we get it, your the anti fanboy, unable to look at things rationally

nice to know what im dealing

im done with you now, not worth my time

You're a little rattled. I understand that. But, if you can grasp the following logic, I'll feel we've both had a good day.
    I criticized him for leaving Forest when they were relegated.
    seperately, I criticised him for not honouring an agreement the had with Blackburn.
    These are two different things. Can you see that?

I wouldn't crticize him at all over either of them, except that he's shown himself to be a hypocrite on both points.
    1) Loyalty to a club that have made you what you are
    and
    2) Honouring agreements.

He's been on both sides and according to him, he's been right everytime. But that cannot be so.

not responding to anyone in particular, just thinking out loud

Nottingham Forest made Roy Keane the player he was

lmfao

Players should not leave their clubs when they get relegated. regardless of talent or whether the money can benfit the club

yeah, right......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

not responding to anyone in particular, just thinking out loud

Nottingham Forest made Roy Keane the player he was

lmfao
    LMFAO :confused::confused:

Forest contributed as much to making him the player he became as United did. His games to goals ratio at Forest was much higher than it was at United. You forget that Brian Clough introduced him into a passing side at Forest, one of the country's top sides at the time, and one which suited his game and allowed him to further his footballing skills.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    LMFAO :confused::confused:

Forest contributed as much to making him the player he became as United did. His games to goals ratio at Forest was much higher than it was at United. You forget that Brian Clough introduced him into a passing side at Forest, one of the country's top sides at the time, and one which suited his game and allowed him to further his footballing skills.

Roy Keane became the player he was because of the better quality of players he was playing with and against, the better training facilities and the better coaching staff at Manchester United

Yes Forest had an impact on him, they contributed, same as Rockmount, Cobh etc... but the club that he made his name at and made him what he was was Manchester United, more then any other club.

indisputable fact

i forget nothing pal, i know what impact Clough had on Keane, do you think Ferguson didnt have at least as much influence on him? he was still quite young when he joined United, he was then playing with Ince, Hughes, Robson, they had a huge impact on him also

this arguement is kinda irrelevant tbh.....

if someone doesnt see that Roy Keane fulfilled his potential at Man United then fair enough

Edit- i see now you are a forest fan, i understand your position a little more now

no issue with it either btw

and for the record, i dont mean any disrespect to Forest or his previous clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Roy Keane.

Nothing more than rent-a-quote.

Nice see Eamon Dunphy give his opinion:D

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Roy Keane = best player to ever wear the green shirt of Ireland; one of the most essential players for Manchester United in their history. An absolute legend who played with a passion and a fire that we so rarely see nowadays (and this is a lifelong Chelsea fan writing this too!). To say he is overrated is nothing short of laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

Originally Posted by kryogen viewpost.gif
    ok

the response:

Simply had no answer -
    Roy Keane = One of the most influential players of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The amount od ridiculous threads gone up over the past 18hrs makes one wonder do some posters on here really have a fcukin notion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

nuxxx wrote: »
    The amount od ridiculous threads gone up over the past 18hrs makes one wonder do some posters on here really have a fcukin notion!

This thread was started in February and you already posted this on another thread.

Thanks whore.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

arshavin
    veira
    jones
    ballack
    carra
    gallas
    berbatov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    arshavin
    veira
    jones
    ballack
    carra
    gallas
    berbatov.

Don't agree with Gallas or Viera. I think Gallas is under rated actually. I think Ballack was only highly rated at the very beginning with Chelsea aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    arshavin
    veira
    jones
    ballack
    carra
    gallas
    berbatov.

Far from being overrated Berbatov is positively underrated especially by the amount of knuckle dragging idiots that think he's "****e"

Gallas also is a fine footballer who was having a very good season with Arsenal

• Advertisement
Advertisement