Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Ten: Overrated Premier League footballers

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

baz2009 wrote: »
    This thread was started in February and you already posted this on another thread.

Thanks whore.;)

If you read the other thread again you may notice the username of the poster who posted was not me.

Shock horror.

Whos the thanks whore now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jimmy Bullard.

yeah, he's a 'cheeky monkey', but he's fairly ordinary in my honest opinion.

a decent player, nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

nuxxx wrote: »
    If you read the other thread again you may notice the username of the poster who posted was not me.

Shock horror.

:confused:

Post #196 was posted on 08/03/10

Post #197, by you, was posted on 08/04/10

A full month later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The amount od ridiculous threads gone up over the past 18hrs makes one wonder do some posters on here really have a fcukin notion!

:pac:

That is like the biggest fail ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

iirc Nuxxx, that comment was posted by another poster in one of your threads. What are you on/where can I get some?

K Tks bai xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

One from every team:

Arsenal: Walcott
    Villa: Agbonlahor
    Birmingham: McFadden
    Birmingham: Robinson
    Bolton: None are rated - so none can be over-rated!
    Burnley: Likewise
    Chelsea: It's hard to keep it to just one with these lot. Ballack is the stand out one!
    Everton: Cahill
    Fulham: Duff
    Hull: Same as Bolton
    Liverpool: Like Chelsea, hard to keep it to one. Carragher
    Man City: Lescott/Barry/Wright-Philips draw
    Man Utd: Ferdinand
    Portsmouth: Ben Haim
    Stoke: Shawcross
    Sunderland: Jones
    Tottenham: Bentley
    West Ham: The Manager (is that allowed?)
    Wigan: Only have one or two players that are rated and I wouldn't say they're over-rated
    Wolves: Doyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Shock horror.

So you copied another poster who's post got thanked to try and get a few for yourself?
    Whos the thanks whore now?

Still you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Laois_Man wrote: »
    One from every team:

Fulham: Duff

Duff had a terrible time at Newcastle, but has been great since he went to Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

One from every team:

Arsenal: Walcott Couldn't agree more. Biggest hype job in the league
    Villa: AgbonlahorbI do agree he is slightly overrated. He shouldn't get near the England team, same goes for Heskey
    Birmingham: McFadden Don't think he is all that rated so I wouldn't agree
    Birmingham: Robinson See above
    Bolton: None are rated - so none can be over-rated!
    Burnley: Likewise
    Chelsea: It's hard to keep it to just one with these lot. Ballack is the stand out one! He is probably the most over rated player, I would add Cech also
    Everton: Cahill He is underrated if anything. Evertons best player
    Fulham: Duff He is overrated alright, not to the degree of some others but he hasn't been a top player for many a year now
    Hull: Same as Bolton
    Liverpool: Like Chelsea, hard to keep it to one. Carragher I'm going to disagree with this one, Johnson is more overrated, he still hasn't showed himself to be a quality defender yet some call him one of the best around
    Man City: Lescott/Barry/Wright-Philips draw Lescott by a mile, Wright-Phillips isn't overrated. Barry may be a little bit. Toure is probably more overrated tbh
    Man Utd: Ferdinand Agreed. Vidic is twice the defender.
    Portsmouth: Ben Haim He isn't highly rated.
    Stoke: Shawcross Bollocks. He is underrated. One of the best in the premier league this year. Should go to the WC.
    Sunderland: Jones He challenges Walcott for the most overrated. Dreadful intelligence and technique. Carbon copy of Heskey. Rubbish
    Tottenham: Bentley Agreed but Jenas is more overrated. He belongs in a bottom 10 team.
    West Ham: The Manager (is that allowed?) Nobody really overrated at Upton Park
    Wigan: Only have one or two players that are rated and I wouldn't say they're over-rated Agreed. Rodaellga and N'Zogbia deserve the rating they have
    Wolves: Doyle Load of ****e. He is good enough for a Euro team. Lacks the poacher instinct to get lots of goals but then again isn't that type of striker. More of a creater. I'd love him at Liverpool

All in all, I agree with most of your picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

One from every team:

Everton: Cahill
    :eek:
    By who?

I've only ever seen him correctly rated.

Man Utd: Ferdinand
    :rolleyes:
    Another one ABU's like to fall back on. Ferdinand, when fit and in form, is the best centre back in the world. Better than Vidic, but not by much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

:eek:
    By who?

I've only ever seen him correctly rated.

Another one ABU's like to fall back on. Ferdinand, when fit and in form, is the best centre back in the world. Better than Vidic, but not by much.

Ferdinand is over rated. Fit or not, he is inferior to Vidic.

Is he an AB (every other team in the league too)

I hate this "everyone against us" attitude almost every United fan has. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ferdinand is a good player but, best centre back in the world??? Vidic is clearly better and makes Ferdinand look better than he actually is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'll go with one off my own team, wouldn't want to be dopping any utd. Players names for fear of being labelled and ABU and hurting a lot of feelings lol.

Anyway, gonna say Benayoun, he's a good player but i think some go overboard with their praise of him, he's a level below top quality imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I despise Utd and rate Rio as one of the best there is :confused:

Where is Anderson on this list? It is only this year he has fallen out of the overrated category (in that, he has always been one of the worst regular players in any top 4 team, yet only this year have fans stopped rating him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ferdinand, when fit and in form, is the best centre back in the world. Better than Vidic, but not by much.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

In this context and considering the number of dull premiership matches in recent seasons and its team performances abroad ,I shouldn't wonder if the Premier League itself is overrated.:(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Robbie Ke.....no wait a minute he's not in the premiership.

Also, Alan Smith(see above).

Ok they're both no longer in the premiership, but they both used seriously bug me the transfers they had given how sh|te they are.

Also, Berbatov and Darren Bent. How much serious money was wasted on those two?
    Michael Owen - scored a half decent goal in the WC98 and had a decent season or two with pool, after that nawt. (see also Robbie Fowler)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

jayteecork wrote: »
    Michael Owen - scored a half decent goal in the WC98 and had a decent season or two with pool, after that nawt. (see also Robbie Fowler)

Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

magma69 wrote: »
    Ferdinand is over rated.

I know especially by those 2 chancers Capello and Ferguson.

Messers the pair of them.

people are only hopping on the 'Ferdinand overrated' bandwagon because of his recent injury troubles.

the man, fully fit, was the best in the league.

lol at Fowler being mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SlickRic wrote: »
    people are only hopping on the 'Ferdinand overrated' bandwagon because of his recent injury troubles.

the man, fully fit, was the best in the league.
    He was always prone to daft errors though. Brilliant on his day but the errors will prevent him from ever being World Class

greendom wrote: »
    He was always prone to daft errors though. Brilliant on his day but the errors will prevent him from ever being World Class

the mistake earlier this season for the Bellamy equaliser in the 4-3 United win against City at OT, was the first high profile mistake he'd made in years.

those 'errors' that you say he's prone to happened a lot earlier in his career.

he is world class. end of.

the best in the league during Utd's recent dominance in the Premiership, maybe apart from Vidic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Darren Fletcher has to be mentioned here.No Skill's, No Brain, all he brings is a bit of passion and a persistent ability to foul the opposition. How anyone thinks he is World Class etc... is beyond me.

Darren Fletcher has to be mentioned here.No Skill's, No Brain, all he brings is a bit of passion and a persistent ability to foul the opposition. How anyone thinks he is World Class etc... is beyond me.

Fletcher is a top player.

World class no, but I think you are way off the mark.

Expect a few tasty responses :pac:

No brain? He constantly intercepts opponents passes, forgive me if I'm wrong but I think a plaer would need a brain to do that.

He does what he's ther for and he does it very well. He is there to break down opposition attacks and to hustle people on the ball. A few years ago he was no where near world class, but in the past 2/3 seasons he has steadily risen to become United's best midfielder.

A bit of passion is what the majority of the players in the PL need, most dn't give a shít and are happy to sit on their wealth and put in half-assed efforts in games, unlike Fletchr who puts his heart and soul into every game.

100% agree with SlickRic about Ferdinand, he has matured a huge amount since his first couple of seasons at United.

Great posts by rarnes1 and SlickRic.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Yet United play much better with him in the side. He's the sort of player a team needs to have balance, which is vitally important to any side who want to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

robbie fowler, what the fcuk?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Robbie Fowler overrated?? Get the f*ck out!!!

Also, Darren Fletcher is a fantastic player. I'm convinced because he's Scottish and called Darren Fletcher, people are having none of it. But if he was Italian called Darino Fletzino, he would be more rated!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

jayteecork wrote: »
    Darren Bent.

22 league goals for a poor team and he's over-rated ?. I think you need to come off those drugs asap. Comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Some clowns knockin about in here Fowler, Fletcher, Ferdinand overrated? If you think these players are overrated you have no clue about football.

Edit: Just see that couple say Roy Keane and Viera.

Theres_The_Door.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »
    Jimmy Bullard.

yeah, he's a 'cheeky monkey', but he's fairly ordinary in my honest opinion.

a decent player, nothing more.

His sense of humour is even more over-rated tbh.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    His sense of humour is even more over-rated tbh.:pac:

gtfo.barker.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gtfo.barker.jpg

See what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Terrible list, you've no idea of football.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Terrible list, you've no idea of football.

I suppose you're Alex fcuking Ferguson are ya?:rolleyes:

If you read the OP correctly you'll see that the list was compiled by 'Sport.uk' and not redout, the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I suppose you're Alex fcuking Ferguson are ya?:rolleyes:

If you read the OP correctly you'll see that the list was compiled by 'Sport.uk' and not redout, the OP.
    Ah Touché.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

gtfo.barker.jpg

Is it just me or does that look like Trappatoni pointing at Andy Reid!!!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    arshavin
    veira
    jones
    ballack
    carra
    gallas
    berbatov.

:eek: Four of the are in the latter stages of their careers so they're not that good anymore but all were class players.

Arshavin, having a poor season but no way is he over rated. He's a supremely talented footballer being played out of position for his club constantly and has been playing with an injury all year apparently. He was amazing in the Euro's and if he was in a team like Barcelona's you'd see what class he has.

Vieira, was amazing in his days at Arsenal. Overrated ?. Lol.

Ballack, Back at Bayern was one of the best players in the world. If you're judging him on his Chelsea career you've missed out on seeing a world class player. He's still good but not what he used to be. He was unbelievable.

Carragher, as much as i hate him was a one man defense for a long time. He used to be class, age's catching up with him now as he has little pace but he was a very good defender, no way over rated. If anything, he was underrated.

Gallas, 78 Caps for the French National team, enough said. Pure class player in his Chelsea days and a decent enough career at Arsenal. Not overrated at all in my opinion.

Berbatov, Class player. Don't think he suits United's system at all. Was amazing at Leverkusen and Tottenham.

Good shout on Jones though. :pac:

*These are my opinions, they may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

To those who dispute my pick of Tim Cahill as Everton's over-rated player....I stand over my pick.

Also, I say that as an Everton supporter who regurarly attends Goodison Park and who watches all of Everton's games! Futhermore, I know many Everton supporters who agree with me.

I think people are too influenced by the headlines he gets for the goals he scores.
    He is a MIDFIELD player who does nothing in MIDFIELD - does nothing outside the oppositions penalty box...and even there, he gets nearly all his goals with his head - because he's got so little technical ability on the floor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement