Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi, i Finished my mocks before the mid-term. I did no study such a stupid thing to do, i Know. But Im wondering is it too late to start studying to get a decent result?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's never too late to start studying! The worst thing you can do right now is start thinking you've failed already so you might as well not bother to do anything. I'm sure your teachers have it drilled into how little time you have left, but really you can get a lot done in three months. You just need to work solidly from now until June and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Throw in a bucket load of work, the mocks were a wakeup call for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Loads of time left. A few hours a night and a few more at weekends and you'll be flying. If you don't understand some of the material, get a grind or two. Still loads of time though.
    Most people don't even do much study over easter so if you get your head down now and do a good bit during easter, you'll be grand. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Mocks were a wake-up call to all of us I think. The timing especially!

If you do an hour or two a night, looking over what you did in class that day and trying some questions, especially for Maths and Accounting, you'll be doing pretty well.

It can be so hard to study for sure but you'll be rewarded if you do.

It's never too late OP, in fact, now's probably the ideal time to start studying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭furbey

Most people go into leaving all fired up and do a load of work and burn out before the pres WHICH IS STUPID!!!!
    I'm repeating and only studied for the last 2 weeks and got desent points-DON'T DO THAT!!!

Now is the time to start. Haven't done anythig all year so far but I'm starting after the pres.
    Do a little a lot.
    Be careful not to burn out but pay attention now because when the teachers are doing the revision you will learn a hundred times faster and pick up on exam technique as they won't be doing one topic at a time, they'll be doing the course as a whole.
    (well thats what a good teacher should do)
    If not DO THE EXAM PAPERS yourself and you will do great.

Seriously, now is the perfect time to start:rolleyes::):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I don't see why people think 3 months isn't enough time!!!3 months is more than enough!!!I went from knowing nothing to doing pretty well in my mocks with around 4 hours good study over the feb midterm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JennyBean1

The mocks arent ment to be a test of your knowledge but to help you get back into your timing and get back into an exam situation!!!
    Like most of us havent done a big exam since the old JC!!!
    So i dont think there is anything to be hugely worried about!! Granted yes you should have done at least a little bit of study for them but sure theres no time like the present to start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

3 months of good solid work should be enough if you really get stuck in. It'll definitely stand to you better than just giving up on account of being too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Thanks all its good to know thats i haven't completely mess up my chance of doing the leaving, Thanks=)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

As a repeat I'm saying this it is never to late. Whatever u get I. The mocks, double it for the real thing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Dante

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Hi, i Finished my mocks before the mid-term. I did no study such a stupid thing to do, i Know. But Im wondering is it too late to start studying to get a decent result?

Not at all, theres still a shít load of time left. Put in a decent amount of work and you'll do grand.

Advertisement