Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy trantula in dublin

Options
  • 25-02-2010 6:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭

hi im lookin to buy trantula in dublin im looking for a mexican red knee places iv tryed are as follows whackers, reptile haven, and boardwalk pets also i found two one small one and medium one out in kinsealy pets priced at €160 which i was told by boardwalk pets is a complete rip of for this type of spider which i agree as i bought a chillian rose at christmas long plastic tank, bowl, hide, subatrate, thermometer, heat mat and vitamins all for €120 and every where had mexican red knees at the time but now dont :( any ideas welcome

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The Kinsealey pet store on Malahide Road has an excellent selection of spiders and snakes, IMO that place is turning into one of the best pet stores in Dublin.

Here's there website

http://www.kinsealypetstore.ie/

EDIT: Didn't notice in OP that you've already tried here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

scudzilla wrote: »
    The Kinsealey pet store on Malahide Road has an excellent selection of spiders and snakes, IMO that place is turning into one of the best pet stores in Dublin.

Here's there website

http://www.kinsealypetstore.ie/

EDIT: Didn't notice in OP that you've already tried here

lol yup been there an the price they gave me was outrageous the link above even go's to show how much a rip off they are 15euro compared to 160 but dont want to buy online i wanna see what im buyin them spiders cud be dead by the time they get here an couldnt be guaranteed a female as mostly prefered as they live longer even any where out side dublin im willing to travel

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

anto kerr wrote: »
    lol yup been there an the price they gave me was outrageous the link above even go's to show how much a rip off they are 15euro compared to 160 but dont want to buy online i wanna see what im buyin them spiders cud be dead by the time they get here an couldnt be guaranteed a female as mostly prefered as they live longer even any where out side dublin im willing to travel

I wouldnt worry about them being dead by the time they got here.Ive ordered about 20 or so from the UK and Ive only ever had 2 DOA`s and that was because of poor weather.

The shops over here are rip off merchants when it comes to Tarantulas.Some places in the UK are only 5 sterling delivered for the common species as spiderlings.And adults start at 15.

Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could try the Petshop on Patrick Street in Dun Laoire, they have spiders in the odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

anto kerr wrote: »

I've had T's sent from the states with no DOA's, order a few at that price and keep the females and then sell of the rest for a bargain to friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Aquatic village in blessington got in a huge amount of reptiles a few weeks ago and there were a few very rare tarantulas. There was one I cant remember the name of it but it one the biggest in the world. I was scared just looking at it from across the room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Aquatic village in blessington got in a huge amount of reptiles a few weeks ago and there were a few very rare tarantulas. There was one I cant remember the name of it but it one the biggest in the world. I was scared just looking at it from across the room!
    T.blondi's arent rare in the tarantula hobby atall my freind :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Could have been a Salmon Pink.Havent seen too many of them over here in the trade and thats probably the only one that can compete with the Blondi size wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Could have been a Salmon Pink.Havent seen too many of them over here in the trade and thats probably the only one that can compete with the Blondi size wise.
    your not on arachnoboards are you, the name rings a bell ?

• Advertisement

your not on arachnoboards are you, the name rings a bell ?

I was a long time ago.Been ages since I had T`s.Going to rebuild the collection soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karen louise

they have them in reptile haven again was only there 2weeks ago. there near the back of the shop.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

they have them in reptile haven again was only there 2weeks ago. there near the back of the shop.:cool:

wasnt mexican red knees he has something similar i was just in there today and asked him he wont have any in for another 4 weeks till he go's away :(

Advertisement