Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed Carlow Area

Options
  • 25-02-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi a friend of mine lost his Father 3 weeks ago and he has not stopped drinking since and I mean Whiskey,Wine,Cider,guinness basically anything he can get his hands on. He gets drunk maybe 3 times a day. He is waking up at 3 and 4 in the morning and drinking cans of beer. He was always a fecker on the beer like most of us but this is gone beyond a joke. I met with him last night and he broke down saying he needs help. He doesnt want to go to a meeting but maybe have a chat with someone one to one. I have contacted AA and just got a list of places that he can go to a meeting. He would rather meet with someone outside of carlow town as he is a bit Paranoid about it. I told him i will help him in anyway I can but I just cant seem to get any info to do that. This guy really needs help A.S.A.P. If anyone can point me in the direction to go with this I would really appreciate it. If there is no one around the Carlow area that can have a chat with him I will drive him anywhere so he gets some help. Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

jayo2004 wrote: »
    Hi a friend of mine lost his Father 3 weeks ago and he has not stopped drinking since and I mean Whiskey,Wine,Cider,guinness basically anything he can get his hands on. He gets drunk maybe 3 times a day. He is waking up at 3 and 4 in the morning and drinking cans of beer. He was always a fecker on the beer like most of us but this is gone beyond a joke. I met with him last night and he broke down saying he needs help. He doesnt want to go to a meeting but maybe have a chat with someone one to one. I have contacted AA and just got a list of places that he can go to a meeting. He would rather meet with someone outside of carlow town as he is a bit Paranoid about it. I told him i will help him in anyway I can but I just cant seem to get any info to do that. This guy really needs help A.S.A.P. If anyone can point me in the direction to go with this I would really appreciate it. If there is no one around the Carlow area that can have a chat with him I will drive him anywhere so he gets some help. Thanks..

Phone this number for advice and help:

01-8420700

Advertisement