Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den (IE) - Season 2 Episode 1.

Options
  • 25-02-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭

Back tonight on RTÉ1 at 10:15.

I enjoyed the first series, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

What are the odds Sarah won't invest in anything this series.... again. Doubt there will be much money laid out overall this series.

Decent entertainment though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

plenty of crappy ideas on the show.. your certainly guaranteed a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

so, so far they're pinning their hopes on an irish version of reggae reggae sauce..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Anyone watching this??

It's my first time seeing the Irish one and I've enjoyed it.

Herbie is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Aw just seen the closing credits :(

I do like the Irish version, and the Dragons are generally more likable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

aw delighted for herbie!! he was great fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Missed it, will try to watch on the RTE player, can't wait to see Ms. Newman invest in a business !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Apparently Sarah "I'm Out" Newman invests in someone next week. :eek: Who'd a thunk it eh.. I'd say I have more money than her. What real business woman has the time to write a book? Unless it's a last chance to cash in on her name while she's in the public eye.

Tonight was a good show, mainly because of Herbie. Fair play to Gavin Duffy for backing him. Duffy is the most undragon-like dragon among them as he tends to look beyond the balance sheets more often than the others. He's no fool with money either, he just likes to take a calculated chance on a good person. Money for Herbie, lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Yes, big lol at Herbie :D. Great ad for Ireland. I enjoyed the first ep, pretty ok.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I like the show. I had never seen the British version until I started watching the Irish version last year.

The Irish one seems a lot more small scale in terms of ideas and investments, but it seems to be fairly well made. There were some great 'characters' on the first season, and it seems that this one is no different thankfully.

Pity we need to copy a British show to get something that's watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Well according to Wikipedia, so it must be true:

Dragons' Den is a venture-capitalist television programme that originated in Japan where the format is owned by Sony and partially Microsoft and Taimoor. The format, which is now broadcast internationally, consists of entrepreneurs pitching their ideas in order to secure investment finance from business experts — the "Dragons".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons'_Den

Herbie is living proof that sometimes in business you have to sell yourself and he certainly did that. if only he could come up with an idea every week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I bet there is a Herbie fan page on Facebook already. He did charm the pants off the Dragons. Love to have a pint with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Herbie is living proof that sometimes in business you have to sell yourself and he certainly did that. if only he could come up with an idea every week

Did I hear correctly that Herbie is an ex-pilot, now a tiler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

I love the english show, they have great dragons on it with well established characters and judging styles. Irish one still in bedding in period, and with current economy, perhaps unfair to compare the two shows, so forgive me for still preferreing the english one!

Didn't hear that bit now. God though he told so much of a story its hard to remember everything. very infectious character though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

ya said he was a pilot alright.
    here is a question that bugged me last season. they always have the same clothes on. how is this as it would hve been filmed over months a suspect. every episode last year they have the one outfit on. does anyone know the answer to this?????

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

great very enjoyable show pity the series isnt long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

Shane10 wrote: »
    here is a question that bugged me last season. they always have the same clothes on. how is this as it would hve been filmed over months a suspect. every episode last year they have the one outfit on. does anyone know the answer to this?????

Same question came up in last years thread and was answered here. Besides requiring the dragons on set for only a few days it also lets the editors cut the individual stories together for a more appealing TV show.

It is now on the RTE player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

hugoline wrote: »
    Same question came up in last years thread and was answered here. Besides requiring the dragons on set for only a few days it also lets the editors cut the individual stories together for a more appealing TV show.

It is now on the RTE player

i see. i would have thought the filming would have been more spaced out, didnt realise they would cram it into a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AEG

Loved the German-Donegaller on last night's episode. His interaction with the judges was excellent and glad he got assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Will this be repeated during the week on tv before the next show? (I prefer watching on tele than laptop :P I'm so high maintenance!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AEG

jimmay wrote: »
    Will this be repeated during the week on tv before the next show? (I prefer watching on tele than laptop :P I'm so high maintenance!)

Usually Sunday evenings on RTE2. That was the case last year as far as I can remember anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

AEG wrote: »
    Usually Sunday evenings on RTE2. That was the case last year as far as I can remember anyway!

Great stuff AEG. Sunday evening, half 6, all ready to record on the Sky Plus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

yea good old herbi glad he got backing yes hes a tiler now thats were he must have got the idea for that loo yoke fair play to him so simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tillytally

..herbie the pilot/tiler/toiletpiper has a fan page on facebook! brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Search for Money for Herbie. Only 6 fans. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

I rate the UK version much more highly. I think the UK dragons are much more successful, and as such, I don't quite understand where the egos the Irish dragons have come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

zootroid wrote: »
    I rate the UK version much more highly. I think the UK dragons are much more successful, and as such, I don't quite understand where the egos the Irish dragons have come from.

I think there is a lack of personality on the Irish version. The two guys at the end just merge into the one character for me because they are so uninteresting and devoid of colour.

Sean Gallagher is the only one who at least tries to ad a bit of colour to the thing. Duffy would be second but he can be boring as well. And dont that to me about yer wan in the middle, the only one to which the metaphor "dragon" accurately applies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I also find it ridiculous that these guys dont get SERIOUS media training and public speaking training up to six months before going on. This could be a huge thing for the business, and 90% of them come on with poor, monotone, unenthusiastic presentations.

Most of them seem like a school book report done the night before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement