Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheist Spirituality

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Yes, it's an interesting thread and one that would be fitting to this forum.

I think real spirituality doesn't require a belief in anything, or any sort of doctrine, dogma, rites, rituals, etc. It just "is". There is no psychological form around it, or associated with it.

Sure, there is the exploration of different realities without any attachment or without placing any importance in the various phenomena that may (or may not) manifest or be discovered along that path.

I think the ego rather enjoys using all of these labels, such as "I am an athiest", or "I am on the spiritual path"... all of these spearations. You only have to look at how boards.ie has divided all of this up into separate forums for every possible branch, so many divisions, all divisions of really the one thing, the "oneness" of reality, the interconnectedness between us all.

Can you leave all of that behind? Can you leave your position behind completely? Could you have no position whatsoever? And then have your experiences in meditation, or in life, but without placing any importance on it, or trying to label it?

What happens then.... are you on the spiritual path now?

Advertisement