Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rally Ireland at the end of the road

• 25-02-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Looks like Rally Ireland is finished as it did not make the 2011 calender, its not even on the reserve list.

Maybe it was not supported greatly by the existing irish drivers as the irish entry the last time was woeful, in WRC car terms anyway.

The exorbitant hotel rates in Sligo didnt help either i suppose.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

While it's not great news we should look on the positive of the IRC including the Circuit as one of its 'supported' rallies. It doesnt mean it will be on the calender but hopefully in time the IRC will look upon it as a potential rally. The IRC is a lot more flexible with the layout of rallies and staging areas and have in the past had the Safari and others that run over vast distances in comparison to the WRC so they might be receptive to a full circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭irishjim111

Just looked up rally.ie and noticed that we are not included for 2011. I bet if the other guy was voted in Vatenan. I think it was we would of. era it was great while we had it im just thinking to my self F them now let the whole of irish rally fans get behind the IRC Rally Champoionship and pls god they will hold enevt in the next one to two years Pls god im still going to watch WRC but im really pissed of now at them over that . The country needs tourist and i marshelled up there the 2 times and got soaked wet but it was brilliant we put on one of the best round era F um the p????? excuse my behavour here but its not cool.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

It's funny how France has been proposed for a round of WRC.

se conman wrote: »

leob already got his way theres a round in france this season. i contacted rally.ie just to say is there any way we can right behind the irc event and pls god it could do what the cuircit done years ago going around mostof ire. we would have a grewat number of irish competiters competing for top spot inb the irc so brinbg on the irc and let the wrc keep it french only thing not french about it is ford and the other rounds . its an economic balls really we need more people and money than france so hopefully the irc will be alot nicer to us we deserve it the irish are up there with the finns with the spectater aspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

se conman wrote: »
    There has pretty much been a round of the WRC held in France every year, Tour de Corse. However, they're now moving it to the mainland which is a massive shame.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If all the local hotels and hostels didnt charge triple or more for their rooms when the rallys were on it would help. I dont quite understand your "we need more people and money than france" bit every country can do with the extra income.

And I dont think we are up there with the finns in regard to spectators. Nobody really attends motorsport events in this country, their are no adverts in the national paper or news when their is a big event on. Go to the smallest event in the US and there are poeple everywhere.

I soppse your right when it comes to no advertising. Iv to look on the net to see what motersport events are on. and also the prices are a shambles. The thing i meant we need income more than france we are small country and living in ireland for me is not as good as what it was 3 or 4 years ago so when we get events to this standerd. Theres a real buzz around the place and i know we are pricy but we make a nice few quid that pay bills . France is darer than ireland if im thinkig right its very pricy over there aswell. i think its just the president of the F,I,A doesent see us as a great country when it come to drivers we never had a guy driving in a manufacters, the best driver we had was Billie Colman and he only done the GB rally i might be wrong but i think thats why we havent been awarded anything cause. Otherwise the FIA must think its cheeper to compete in other countrys . The thing about crowds and rallys its after dropping alot i agree but thats motersport ire fault for the price of entering rallys iv a friend who does it and with the way the prices are he never entered the cork 20. Also there was a very poor rally Galway top 20 wrc cars. i think there was about 7 or 8 of um and fans want to see the best. another reason rallying is not the number 1 sport here we have rugby football and gaa to compete with aswell so its a no win situation. i think IRC would keep coming if we can put on a great curcuit of ire this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I am not picking on the last post but Motorsport Ireland are always getting blamed for the price of motorsport in Ireland and this gets right up my wick.To start with , each club sets the price for entry fees , not MI.If you ever got a look at club accounts you would see that a vast part of the revenue goes towards accomadation and food bills and this is out of MI's control.Also people forget that MI is made up of committees which in turn are made up of club reps which in turn are made up of club members.Therefore we rule ourselves by electing the people we choose onto these committees.If you don't like the way things are run then get involved , work your way up and get on a committee and do something about it.
    This is not aimed at any one poster , just a bit of a rant.

Advertisement