Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to hold a table quiz?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm looking to organise a charity table quiz soon and I'm just wondering if anyone has a good idea for the venue in the general Donnybrook/Ranelagh/Clonskeagh area? I'm thinking of either a pub or community hall etc.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

A lot depends on size. You don't want a half-empty room, kinda kills the atmosphere. How many people are you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Stillorgan Hotel do quite a lot of quizes, try there

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sarmer

I'm hoping to have maybe 80 people (if I'm lucky, most of my friends have emigrated!) Stillorgan Park Hotel is a good idea and it has parking which is handy. Do you know how many people it would have at a table quiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Stillorgan Park won't give you a decent night, possibly Sunday, Monday or Tuesda night.

If you have 80 upstairs in the Goat would be ideal. Decent atmosphere up there if a full enough quiz is on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I have been to a couple of table quizzes in the Goat, a good venue for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement