Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of a long-shot...

Options
  • 25-02-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

...but I'm wondering if anybody would have the 12" vinyl of Planxty's "Timedance". It was the interval act at the 1981 Eurovision Song Contest.

Alternately, a digital version of same would be equally acceptable!

By the way, it's the 1981 version I'm looking for, not the re-recording done in the early 90's (with what sounds like a chamber orchestra!)

Thanks!

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thanks nuttz....I'd seen that myself, but I was hoping to find something a bit more....local.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Great piece from what I've heard of it. Was it not just Dónal Lunny who worked on it, rather than the whole of planxty? There are several different versions on youtube in places.

It was Donal Lunny and Bill Whelan. The version on youtube is in fairly bad mono....I was trying to get a half decent stereo version, but no luck as yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Let us know if you get anywhere. I'd love to hear a good version of it. I've never actually heard the piece would you believe. Alas I was born 20 years to late for most of the best things in the world:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HENARRY JAYA

"The Magic Riddle is a 1991 Australian animated feature film directed and written by Yoram Gross. The film's plot features elements of famous fairytales including Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Little Red Riding Hood and Pinocchio. Robyn Moore provides the voice of Cindy."

Eh....ok! We'll take your word on that one. ;-)

Advertisement