Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

selling photographs on Etsy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is this a plug or do you know of anyone who has used it for selling and how they got on (amt of photos, time up, amount of sales etc?)

A friend mentioned photo4me, said he's had some sales from it. Has anyone used it?

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

I've been buying things off of etsy for the past year. i haven't sold anything on it yet because i'm in the process of setting up a store. i'm just recommending as an outlet to sell photographs for those who may not know about it. it's really popular with an indie crowd (courtney love even has a store on it!) who is into handmade and vintage. i don't think it's caught on in ireland yet. if it looks like the kind of place where your photos will sell, then try it.
    i do have a friend who sells jewelery that she makes on it. that's how i first heard of it 3 years ago.
    i occasionally tweet etsy finds on my twitter page where i focus on photography and weddings. http://twitter.com/LisaODwyerphoto

anyone know someone in ireland who sells successfully on etsy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I call wanton plug.

EDIT: I used Etsy when I lived in the United States, but I really didn't take up with it as its focus was more towards the physical crafts (Julie, feel free to jump in here).

not sure what i'm plugging. i don't have an etsy shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

i have an etsy shop here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/YourWillingSkin (this is totally a wanton plug lol!)

it's slow going with sales but it's improving as i continue to get better as a photographer and become more well known in the photo blogging community i'm a part of.

i like etsy a lot because you're dealing directly with the seller, there's no middleman who's taking a big profit from the sale (obviously etsy get a certain amount, but it's not the same as selling on somewhere like imagekind). you also get to have complete control over the selling process and know exactly the quality of prints you're sending out. i also love having direct contact with buyers on there, it's very personal :)

etsy is also a good marketing tool in itself, with treasuries and bloggers who like to make new discoveries your work can get quite a lot of exposure.

it's not really ideal for selling photography as it is focused more on crafts and fashion, but i believe that's changing, a LOT of great photographers who have etsy shops now and some of them are doing really well.

• Advertisement

It's good to see an actual Etsy seller on here. I do think the photographs tend to be more interior design like on Etsy. People shop Etsy looking for gifts mostly and something handmade that isn't mass market.

I think marketing yourself as a photographer for sellers wishing to get their products photographed is also a way to make money from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've only bought patterns and other craft stuff from Etsy. TBH it's not the first place I'd go if I was looking for photographs to either buy or sell my first thought would be redbubble. or buy direct from the photographer's site.

www.google.com is a great place to search to sell your photographs to people around the world. i searched for some sellers who could provide good examples of what kinds will sell. there's lots of opportunity here for irish photographers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

www.google.com is a great place to search to sell your photographs to people around the world. i searched for some sellers who could provide good examples of what kinds will sell. there's lots of opportunity here for irish photographers!

Surely google.ie would be better for Irish Photographers?

:rolleyes:

:pac:

Advertisement