Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Ulster Bank Experience

Options
  • 25-02-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

So I have been a First Active/First National Building Society customer for basically my whole life and when I heard I was being transferred to UB I was dreading it. I loved FA because I always found them different from the other banks. Also, I had heard lots of bad things about customer service at UB.

But today was my first time in a UB branch. I went into the George's Quay one and I was extremely impressed. Was treated very well and the cashier was polite and informative.

Why do a lot of people seem to have a negative experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Ah, we have our moments, like most Banks. That branch is one of the newest ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

sitstill wrote: »
    Why do a lot of people seem to have a negative experience with them?

Did you read my thread here? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838477

I'm not getting much satisfaction at all. I'm usually very principled person, and have changed banks before because of bad service. However, I am very annoyed that I am putting up with this "bad start" with UB, but I really feel I need the Visa Debit card. Usually I would have looked elsewhere by now.

I have never heard of a bank tell a current savings customer they "cannot open a current account for you because the system the credit scoring agency uses is bad and won't recognise your address, so its not our fault, you'll have to go in branch and change your address"
    Change it to what exactly? They didn't know. argh... hassle free switching?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

TBH I think no matter which bank you look at, you'll hear some horror stories. You'll also hear plenty of good stories too, but unfortunately people are more likely to publicise the bad experiences rather than the good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

It irritates me that I have to remind their telephone banking agents that I'm calling from the Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

bankers are not your buddies, they're there to make money off you.
    Of course they're going to be all nice. Just wait and see how nice they are when they refuse you an O.D. or try to sneak in some extra fees here and there.
    Be polite, but very firm with your bank and double check everything they try to sell you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement