Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shanagarry/Ballycotton

Options
  • 25-02-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Would folks recommend this area for a holiday this summer? Is there much for children under 5 to do if its raining? Are the beaches clean, safe etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

beaches are nice, and a few good places to eat, there is a pool in youghal and if I remember correctly a bowling alley as well. don't know if Perks still have amusments there. Trabolgan isn't far and has a lot of activities for kids, you can get day passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

Hate to not be fully positive about an area I live in but I'm not sure if there's enough there for kids. And getting to Youghal would be a fair drive. Also the roads are a bit narrow and bendy between Shanagarry and Ballycotton so would need to drive everywhere.

IMO, it's more an area to visit for a short period (1day) and is more for adults than kids (with some cookery schools, Stephen Pierse pottery is closed). Ballycotton nice for a walk, etc.

Region is lovely in general and coast quite beautiful and very clean.

Garryvoe beach would be the most suitable area for kids in the summertime with the long beach (a short drive from Shanagarry). And lots of summer caravans, so there are plenty of kids for company.

Hope this is of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

If you could be guaranteed good beach weather, then it would be highly recommended.

Agree with the posts above.

In addition, all the following are within 30 minutes or so drive :

Cork City : on wet days you could drive there to the cinema, shopping etc.

Fota wildlife park

Youghal & Ardmore

Advertisement