Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HG/SS Starter

Options
  • 25-02-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I realise some people have already imported it but who will/did you choose as your HG/SS starter and why?

I think I'm going with Totodile. It was my original choice back when I first played Gold so I think it'll add to the nostalgia of being back in Johto :)

Who is your HG/SS starter of choice? 13 votes

Chikorita
    0% 0 votes
    Cyndaquil
    23% 3 votes
    Totodile
    76% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Chikorita because I picked him in Gold too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Totodile. Because I think that's what I picked in Silver all those emulated years ago, and because Water is the not too easy, not too hard creamy middleground for the first couple of gyms in all the other games... or is that grass? As long as it's not fire, that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Cydaquil, every time i've played Gold I've choose cyndaquil so i'll stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Fire, it's always fire!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I picked Totodile in my Jap SS, as Feraligatr is now a very viable option as a physical based bulky Water type :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Awh, I hadn't thought about it, but Gen II actually has my least favourite starters... they're just not as cool as the others :/

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Cyndaquil probs. Fire is awesome ^_^

Hate the amount of Chikorita haters in here.
    It evolves into a Meganium people. Does the following pokemon sprite get bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Totodile definitley

Can't wait for it to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'll be SRing a bit for a shiny starter, but I'll settle with a Timid/Naive natured Cyndaquil with some nice IVs. It's not like I don't have all those starters in my other games anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'll be SRing a bit for a shiny starter, but I'll settle with a Timid/Naive natured Cyndaquil with some nice IVs.

Nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The only thing I don't get is "SRing"?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Cyndaquil. I just randomly picked one of the three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gotta be fire for me this time... Started Pearl with a water type, but there's a massive abundance of water and grass types early on in the game (sub level 30), wheres Ponyta is pretty much the only fire type.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

The problem is that Meganium and Typhlosion both have pretty limited moovepools, being mainly grass and fire, respectively

Feraligatr gets a great range with strong water moves PLUS superpower and crunch and ice fang

He's just so awesome. Totally a Totodile for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Every time a new set of Pokémon games comes out, I tell myself that I'm not buying either, they suck up too much time. I won't give in, I won't...

...Cyndaquil. Each time, I crack, buy the game and pick the Fire starter.

Advertisement