Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry. Have to rant

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I just saw an ad that really annoyed me.
    Someone is selling their family pet bitch, beautiful dog.
    Apparently she is great with kids, in the car etc.
    Their reason for selling is "she is in heat and we have enough dogs so she has to go" and apparently "if you buy her you could have a litter of pups for sale in a few weeks", i.e. you can make money from her.
    Why can't they just get her neutered... argh.
    Maybe I am soft but I could not just sell a pet that "has to go" just like that... I don't know how people keep animals and treat them like objects.
    That's all. At least the dog looks like the breed she is claimed to be, I won't go on about the ads for "purebred" dogs that are blatantly crossbreeds at most.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Magenta i saw that ad you are talking about, its a disgrace how people treat their animals and pets.

There are 2 different type of pet/dog owners in my eye, dog owners and dog lovers. The latter wouldnt advertise their beloved pets like that and just move them on for ridiculous reasons.

I saw another ad saying they have to sell their dog because "they have too many" , like wtf?? why did you get the dog in the first place if its too many??:mad::mad:

It makes my blood boil seeing all those ads, esp the ones that advertise bitches "ready for breeding", its so sad, and always the poor dogs that suffer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

saw a similiar ad recently on a 'freebies' page.
    there were getting rid of house hold stuff, something akin to ( 2 seater couch, coffee table and 1 year old female labrador).
    Absoutely sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

andreac wrote: »
    Magenta i saw that ad you are talking about, its a disgrace how people treat their animals and pets.

There are 2 different type of pet/dog owners in my eye, dog owners and dog lovers. The latter wouldnt advertise their beloved pets like that and just move them on for ridiculous reasons.

I saw another ad saying they have to sell their dog because "they have too many" , like wtf?? why did you get the dog in the first place if its too many??:mad::mad:

It makes my blood boil seeing all those ads, esp the ones that advertise bitches "ready for breeding", its so sad, and always the poor dogs that suffer:(

Poor dog will probably be sold to the first person who shows up with the cash and that will be that. And what does it teach their children? Animals are something you just "get rid of" when you feel like it?
    You also see a lot of ads where the puppy was bought but now the owner has decided they don't want it anymore and they charge a few hundred because "I just want the money I paid for him".
    It's YOUR fault that you bought the dog and then decided you were going to Australia/are due your child next month/didn't check with your landlord before buying the dog and if you really cared about the dog you'd be more concerned about getting him a good home than getting your "refund".
    I sound like the biggest bleeding heart in the world... I have been offered a job in my local petshop in the past (while in conversation about whatever I was buying) but said no because I just could not sell animals to people knowing that half of them haven't thought it through/don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

Yes, it's absolutely maddening. where there is a will there is always a way if you truly care for your pet.
    i lived in the states and landlord had a no pet policy in the building. He however, permitted me to foster a stray dog with a lot of arm twisting.
    ended up keeping the dog and brought the dog back to ireland at what some might say was 'an enormous expense for a mutt'(thanks mum).my beloved pooch still barks with a brooklyn acccent however, but were working on that :)
    No excuse for giving away a pet, unless of course you never wanted it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

My heart breaks leaving my animals in kennels when I go on holidays, I can never understand how someone justifies giving up their animal so easily. Why get them in the first place??? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

This kinda thing makes me so mad. How can someone just give away a pet with no thought whatsover just because they 'have enough dogs'. They should have neutered her if they didn't want to deal with pups but instead of stopping a problem before it starts they basically just throw her away when it happens, which is frankly their fault for not having her neutered in the first place! :mad:

Advertisement