Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campsites in cavan.

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

any nice campsites in cavan ,that's good for a cycle tourist (tent):rolleyes:
    also how would a fella spend a nice night in cavan town any good sessions going on ,music that is.
    thanks lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

pity no reply's to last thread.so is there any cycle tourists in the cavan area that could recommend a good place to pitch a tent .
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

there is a campsite on lough ramor just before virginia.think it might be too far from cavan town for you though.some great forest parks around for off road cycling.some great hills with decent scenery baileboro -kingscourt

meercat thanks for that ,i spotted that campsite last year when i toured around that area ,it was just a one day tour drogheda to virgina ,bailebora to kingscourt back to drogheda around 100 miles .next time (this summer )i plan to stay in virgina and mayby head to athlone cover around 50 mile's a day 100 is to much ,but finding campsite is next to impossible ,that's why i posted this hopeing locals around the area could let me know a good spot to pitch my tent.
    anyway thanks for the reply .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Bit late to reply but the two campsites in the area - Lough Muckno in Castleblaney and Lough Sillan in Shercock no longer take tourists.

I think Killykeen used to take campers too but no longer so it is really only Virginia.

However some people do still tent or park their caravan in all three of those locations. However there is no facilities for overnight guests at those three now!!!

never to late thank's for that.
    i do like a shower after a hard day's cycling and im not a swimmer to go swimming in one of the lough's;)
    but it's good to know these campsites in case of emergency ,i could cope with cooking for myself but no toilet or shower facilities could be a problem for me.
    thank's again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement