Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Deed for the day!!!

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I had to post about my good deed for the day... I live in Donegal and was walking down one of the main streets and spotted a Yellow Lab who looked liked she'd been wanderin and not just waiting for someone in a shop. She had a collar and I called her over so I could get a look at her name tag. 'Hunny' was the sweetest dog so I rang her owner and asked if he was missing a dog.

He said 'no' initially but then I explained that Hunny was in the town walkin around the streets and he replied with a 'ohhhh is she!?'. So I suppose I should have stayed with her untill he came but I knew that she wouldn't venture away from the shop front as there were plenty people about and I was actually in a bit of a hurry.

So after I'd done my browsing and other things in the town I got a phone call back from Hunny's owner saying that he'd just picked her up and he was very grateful to me for ringing.

I was on a complete high for about half an hour afterward and now, when I think about it, it brings a big smile to my face! Yay... I saved a dog :-) (sort of)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

Well done for the good deed. hoping the universe pays you back in kind.Always so important to call regardless.
    Had a similar experience myself some years ago when living in the states.
    Saw a skinny dog skulking around for a number of days. it was way too skittish to get near though and if i approached or showed any interest in persuing him , he bolted.
    The following 2 weeks or so i came accross a very old and weather beaten poster on a street where i normally wouldn't walk.
    Advertised a dog missing from a firehouse in Brooklyn a good 3-5 months ago.
    dog was wearing a red collar with his name 'Burny' ( i kid you not)and a phone number embroidered on it.
    figured out the dogs most recent hiding spot by following him for about an hour and called the phone number(on poster).
    THe sergent at the fire house was astonished but i couldn't exactly verify it was the same dog but had noticed that dog was wearing a red collar.
    I met up with them and we couldn't find the dog, so the next day they called and said they found him.
    They brought the fire truck to the location i gave them and started the siren , a fire man dressed in his uniform investigated the property (a number of adjoining back yards) and dog went right up to the fireman.
    THey were absolutely overjoyed to get him back.He was very underweight but other than that okay.
    He had been rescued as a pup from a burning building(hence the name) and was their companion in the firehouse. THe guys in the firehouse had recently lost some good friends and comrades in the 9-11 terrorist attack so were beside themselves to get their dog back after such a long absence.
    i was given $500 for my efforts which i donated to a local dog rescue charity.
    the story made the local papers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Amazing story :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Aw they're lovely heartwarming stories :)

Advertisement