Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mechanic in balbriggan or skerries

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Sorry to bring this thread back to life but was just wondering if there are any updates on mechanic recommendations in Skerries or is the information on this thread still accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Still accurate afaik. I use a guy now on Ballaghstown Lane (between Baldongan & Lusk) by the name of Leo. Very helpful, great availability & very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I live in Skerries but I use a garage in Donabate. Primarily because it had come highly recommended from friends but also because it's within walking distance of the train station! So I can drop the car off in the morning and train into work and then collect it in the evening.

So a great, reasonable indy garage but would only make sense from Skerries if you commute to town for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Still accurate afaik. I use a guy now on Ballaghstown Lane (between Baldongan & Lusk) by the name of Leo. Very helpful, great availability & very reasonable.

I went up to were Coke's garage is/used to be in Skerries but it was all locked up, so I found Leo's garage on Ballaghstown lane. Leo found the problem in my car, fixed it and his fees were reasonable.

Thanks for recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Yeah - Coke is great, but can be hard to get. Leo is sound as a pound. Glad you got sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Gonna give this a bump....

I need to find an auto electrician in Rush.
    I used him a few years back and did a great job. Pretty sure he was not far off the main street on the South Side.
    Or anyone in Lusk.
    My alternator is dead and would like to get it rebuilt.

Lusk or Rush suits ideally as I am working there on Friday and can leave the car there with them till then.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

OK....
    In case anyone is googling or looking I found a guy between AppleGreen and Balrothery who rebuilds Alternators,starters etc and seems to be really good.
    A new alternator for mine would have cost over 500 quid and he rebuilt the one in the car for a fraction of the price.
    Strangely enough he said he is very hesitant to work on BMW's and Merc's (although mine is one the above and had no issue). I think its to do with the location electrical stuff on the above...but don't qoute me.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Bouncer

Any feedback on M1 Motors in Balrothery?

Advertisement