Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Educate Together or The Gael Scoile???

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

My little guy is going to be starting school in a year. He's on the lists for both the Gael Scoile and Educate Together in Newbridge which are beside each other. I've heard great things about Educate Together and the fact that it's in a new building is a plus. Is there anyone with personal experiences of these schools that can help me decide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

I have a little girl who's two next month and I was hoping to do the exact same thing and put her name down for both schools. So if I could share your info that would be great. Also should I already have her name on the list at this stage? What age did you put you little guy on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

i've had him on the gael scoile list since he was 1 and educate together since he was 3. he'll be 4 in september.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I went to the Gaelscoil when I was younger and to be honest I thought it was a great school with very good facilities, and I only got a year or two in the current building! During the summer the Gaelscoil underwent even further developement with an extra building with a few classrooms and I think a few play areas put in place (could be wrong though). I would recommend it to anyone anyway, and having fluent Irish is obviously a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Culann

My 2 boys have been going to NET since it was housed in the Rugby Club in Athgarvan. I've never had any problems with them. It is quite an informal school (teachers are called by their first names, there's no uniform) with a good, inclusive ethos. It is now also a feeder school for Cross and Passion in Kilcullen. If you're not bothered about them not learning fluent Irish, I'd go for NET.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I would not recommend the Gael Scoil, unless you want your kids to be prepared for a life in the Defence Forces. The principal of the Gael Scoil really missed his calling in life, a frustrated Napolean if ever there was one.
    Send them to Educate Together, school at that age is supposed to be about learning about respecting themselves and others, not training to be part of a clandestine quasi-military youth organisation..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would not recommend the Gael Scoil, unless you want your kids to be prepared for a life in the Defence Forces. The principal of the Gael Scoil really missed his calling in life, a frustrated Napolean if ever there was one.

Sorry but have to argue with that, I think the principal is a brilliant principal who built that school up from scratch, definately the man to get things done if there ever was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

interesting replies. i know 2 people who have had kids at educate together and they loved it. it sure looks great! thanks!

Advertisement