Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get free range goat meat?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get free range goat meat, have never cooked it before so any recipe suggestions as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Do you know any hunters?

I've kept goats.....trust me any meat you find will be free range. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Check OldGoat's sig - he usually has some recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i was going to make curry goat recently (levi roots has a nice recipe) so i went into that big butchers on moore street, i figured, if anyone would have gaot, they would....
    so.... the guy behind the counter told me it was completely illegal both in ireland and the uk!
    i guess you could use mutton...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Completely illegal my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That guys an idiot....

Just thought, a halal butcher would probably have goat? There's Mediterranean and Indian shops near me that both have butcher counters, I'm sure there are similar shops around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Completely illegal? No. In the UK, the Food Standards Agency is introducing new Food Chain Information requirements to allow full traceability of beef and goat meat destined for human consumption. The new legislation is in answer to the growing illegal importation of African Bushmeat. I read that as much as 40% of goat meat on sale in UK butchers is acutally African Bushmeat from antelope and other wild animals - but not goats. There may well be similar legislation in Ireland and bushmeat is a growing concern across Europe. Goat meat is not illegal for sale once it's origin and provenance can be proved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 francie5

Anybody want two friendly male goats- 11 month old- Saanen mother- well fed and not mountainy type!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MOD: Please don't resurrect 6 year old threads. And this is not really the place to be selling your live goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement