Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something odd you have done.

Options
  • 26-02-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Have you done anything odd in the past week? Tried a new food that has a name of ill repute ( kitten fritters ), coloured in a post box with highlighters or wrestled a race horse for his shoe laces?

E.g: I dotted my i's with love hearts on my bio mock for a bet with a friend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

just did lots of face contortions and random noises with my mouth all sideways.....nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I convinced everybody at French college that I could read palms...I don't know how it started but before I knew it I had girls and boys practically queuing up for me to read their futures. The scary thing is I was really good at it(one teacher even got me to read her palm), I'd say something really ambiguous like:

Me: "hmmmm.... did you just encounter a loss?"
    Stranger: "I just lost my dog/pen/second cousin from Australia, how did you know *wrinkles up nose in awe*"
    Me: "Figures, *points at random line"

A bit odd I know but I hated French college and had to keep myself entertained some way!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 esio trot

I convinced everybody at French college that I could read palms...I don't know how it started but before I knew it I had girls and boys practically queuing up for me to read their futures. The scary thing is I was really good at it(one teacher even got me to read her palm), I'd say something really ambiguous like:

Stranger: "I just lost my dog/pen/second cousin from Australia, how did you know *wrinkles up nose in awe*"

A bit odd I know but I hated French college and had to keep myself entertained some way!:o

Lmao, talk about manipulative. That's first class stuff right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I once wrote all the Natural numbers up to 10000 on a huge sheet of paper when I was a child. Mad craic that was.

I also talk to myself in cartoony voices. Signs of insanity and nothing to do with clearing my throat I tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

In the last week...I was bored in computer's class (word processing...again) so I typed out all the lyrics of American Pie by Don McLean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I remember getting my CAO number and being all "Holy **** that looks prime".
    A few quick mental calculations to ensure it wasn't divisible by 3, 7, 11, 13, 17 or 19 and then a couple of lines of C++ to confirm the rest :P, it was indeed prime.

I suppose it was a bit odd.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I suppose it was a bit odd.
    Oh I see what you did there.

Davidius wrote: »
    Oh I see what you did there.

Is it wrong that I didn't see it myself until you just pointed it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Not in the last week but thought I'd throw them out there anyway -

On the last night of Oxegen (2008 I *think*), everytime I left our general camp area I returned with a new abandoned 'treasure'. These were, in order: juggling balls, a flag, a mattress, a tent and a portaloo sink. It became a bit of a game with everyone wondering what I'd bring back next. The portaloo sink was considered quite the odd find. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have touched it :/

In 5th year I used to take loads of those sticks you use to mix coffee with from a shop in town and then hand them out to everyone during lunch.

When I was about 10 or 11 I really really wanted glasses (I have no idea why) so I pretended I couldn't read the letters during my eye-test. I was devastated when I was told my sight was 'borderline' and I wouldn't need glasses for the time being. I've actually got perfect vision so bet that looks a bit weird on my record :D

I have many, many more anecdotes >.<

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I didn't see it myself until you just pointed it out?
    Yes.

One might even say it was quite odd.

:pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In my music exam today I wrote my name and made it look like boobies.
    It's force of habit from trying to studying but ending up doing it!:(
    It was in pen and there was no going back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

In 4th class I convinced my entire class (and teacher for a brief moment) that Eddie Murphy was my uncle. We share the same surname, they saw no flaw in my logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I once convinced someone at a festival that Captain Birdseye was in a portaloo trying to take people hostage. Note: we were both quite drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I threw a pen at a nun once. It hit her in the face. Then she told me I was effectively going to hell and I sat down at my desk and cried a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I once crashed a wedding. The reception was on at the house and myself and my friend hadn't a clue who the people there were. We decided it'd be great fun to load our pockets full of drink that was in a massive ice box.
    Anyways we were walking through the house to get out when a bottle slid out of my pocket and smashed on the floor.
    The priest who gave me my first communion, the bride and two random fellas were just staring at us. The two fellas made a joke something like "Oh Father best give them two a few Hail Marys" The bride looked furious and picked up some of the glass and went to clean it up.
    We legged it....:pac:

Feel kind of bad but it was sort of odd I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I threw a plastic chair at my sister.
    But in my defence, she attacked me with a barbie doll car first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

At a station in my Uncle's house when I was about 8 or 9, my cousin, my brother and I were all really bored. We snuck into the 'drinks' room and I thought it'd be a great idea to mix up some of the drinks - put them in the wrong bottles and stuff and see if the adults would notice. I didn't know what it was at the time but turns out we actually poured a **** load of whiskey into one of those 2L coke bottles.

Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Well, there was this one time at band camp......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

last night I soaked my lab coat in fake blood and went to a scifi zombie party as a zombie,in late february.The looks we got we're hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Yestrday, me and my mate finished work early, but we still had our baskets and luminous jackets and all, and for some reason decided to play hide and seek with our other friends, who were in HMV in Grafton Street at the time. We called them and left them clues as to where we might be. We ran all over town, through the park, everywhere. We hid behind people in cafes and in phone boxes. We saw them a few times and the adrenalin (sp?) of charging away was quite fun.

We then got a text explaining how they were just having a nice shop, and where were we. We finally gave up and went to meet them ,and found out that they hadn't been looking for us at all, and we'd done all that running and elaborate scheming for nothing. :(

Anyways, point of the story is that we must have looked pretty odd in our luminous jackets with baskets (full of change which was making alot of noise as we ran) darting about the city centre. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Went shopping with my sister and some friends one time a few years ago, she bought a slinky because it's like a kids' toy right, but she was 16, she shouldn't even be playing with toys, how random is that? My sister used to be a bit of an idiot, but she's okay now. She was going around with a fecking pacifier in her mouth all day as well. She is fine now though.

Anyhoo, she decided it'd be even more random (PENGUINS) to have me and one of the other girls go up a floor, put the slinky in the lift on it's own, then she and the rest of them would wait on the next floor down (CAPTAIN CHEESE) and then when the lift door opened, they'd act all relieved to see the slinky "ooooh my goood, there you are, we've been looking everywhere, don't ever do that again"-looking back I can see how this was moderately amusing but at the time she was seriously so annoying I was blind to it, and she was the least annoying out of her group of friends. (MIGHTY BOOSH REFERENCE)

Well me and the other girl just buggered off and went to drink coffee like grown-ups (was I fuck putting a slinky in a lift), we thought they'd figure it out soon enough but gave them waaaay too much credit, apparently for a good ten minutes a loudly dressed, loud mouthed group of sixteen year olds stood by the lifts, mumbling through their pacifiers about penguins and ducks and pineapples and such, and greeting every opening of the lift doors with rising excitement and then apparent crushing disappointment. I laughed my way through that beating I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Not recently, back in 5th year I think, we had a sub teacher for french. As you do with subs, we tried to get her talking. She only spoke English and French. I sounded very shocked and convinced her, with the help of my class, I was fluent in Italian (by spouting random lines from random Il Divo songs) German(I can count to ten so said them in a random order) and that my grandad was the Irish Ambassador to Russia. What a silly woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Stole a barricade from a construction site and put it in a friend's kitchen as a "gift".

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Piste wrote: »
    Stole a barricade from a construction site and put it in a friend's kitchen as a "gift".

drunk student alert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Nabbed a drip tray from a bar and given it to A Neurotic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

That night I sat on that rhino was pretty odd...

Plus my Mam saw the photo a bit later and seemed to think I found an ACTUAL rhino in a river, and decided to mount it.

Yes Mam. That is exactly what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I suppose my various facedown's as of late probably seem a bit odd.

Whenever I'm driving with my friends, we always find it highly amusing to blare cheesey pop music while stopped at traffic lights.

I stole a red bull drip tray thing one night and tried to wear it as a belt, then gave up and put it in my bag, which ended up soaking everything.

I also went out last halloween dressed as a pirate and came home in a towely costume.

Apparently when I was young I refused to wear any socks that weren't red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I once put chewing gum in my hair to see if it actually sticks.
    It does.

Advertisement