Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possessions....

• 26-02-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been given a photographic assignment/project brief for college and I wanted to ask your advice before I start...

What is the definition of the word 'POSSESSION or POSSESSIONS'?

I will have to develop one idea once I have brainstormed this out a bit further, into a photographic assignment, but I would love to hear someone elses definition of the word to assist me in my assignment/project research.

Thanks!!! :)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

basically pic something ya wanna do and tie in the possessions theme after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd take it initially to mean "things that people own", and on that basis would rule out people, famous buildings and generic scenery. However as Mele said, you can twist it whatever way you want. For example a picture of a girl wearing an engagement ring, with a jealous boyfriend looking on, or a big house/castle with lots of fancy cars in front. Or you could go down the more simplistic route and photo people's "treasure chests" - their collections of 1st date cinema stubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

You could go a street route and picture homeless with all their possessions by them. I work in a market and often see homeless people come in with their black sacks full of all their worldly goods. It's a sad sight and could make an interesting project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Or you you go in wholly different direction and take it to mean demonic or spiritual possession.
    In which case I see double exposure in you near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Or you you go in wholly different direction and take it to mean demonic or spiritual possession.
    In which case I see double exposure in you near future.

very interesting idea!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

7 deadly sins was what one girl did in my class, we all possess these sins yadda yadda, i did mine on unusual skills or talent people have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If its a college assignment they are probably looking for you to be thinking creatively - outside the box (blah, blah), all arty like.

Ultimately it is down to your interpretation.

When I saw the title I immediately thought of "that which we hold dear to us" bordering on the spiritual perhaps rather than the physical. How about that we all possess hopes and dreams - you could turn that into a nice series infact having individuals with their normal daytime gig followed by what they dream to be.

Also an image in my mind is a widowed lady of some years with an effigy of her beloved who has passed on - the possession of her memories, etc...,

(maybe i'm getting into blah, blah, mode) It's art so it can be whatever you want to be so long as you can defend your position and have a thought process which brought you to the point in the project (oh, yeah, and not give a f*** as to what anyone else may think :D)

Advertisement