Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android phone plan

• 26-02-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi lads

I know this is sorta done to death and I did a search but still cant decide what to do about the following

I got a Nexus One today in the post from the States. It arrived a little quicker than I thought as it only got posted last Friday night. I havent had a phone for nearly two years so am a lot out of touch with plans etc so apologies for boring everyone to tears on the same old topic

As the phone is unlocked a pay as you go is the way to go? I think it is but just to be sure etc...

So then I just need to do the 20 euro top up etc that seems to be all the rage.

I think Vodafone offers the best coverage in my area so I suppose they are the crowd to go with

I can use the cabbage thingy to avail of all the extra texts 600 so that should suffice. I am especially keen on this as I travel to the UK about twice a month so that should mean I can text home off the webtext and just have to pay for the data.

Speaking of data is one gb plenty. I note most lads on here seem to think it is as you can use the nexus for wi fi at home. I use betting sites and forums a fair bit but I assume they dont add to a lot of data when i would be out and about

I wouldnt be using the phone an awful lot for calls as I dont tend to be on the phone during the day when I am outside working.

Havent turned on this nexus yet but good god it looks like some weapon of a yoke. I was waiting till I found a phone I really was impressed with before getting back in to the mobile phone world and just looking at this thing I am glad I did

Any suggestions on something I may be missing would be much appreciated. Dont want to get this thing up and runnin without having my ducks in a row first!

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I can use the cabbage thingy to avail of all the extra texts 600 so that should suffice. I am especially keen on this as I travel to the UK about twice a month so that should mean I can text home off the webtext and just have to pay for the data.

wouldnt using Data while abroad be extremly expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

well he could just use WIFI on the phone to do it too

i had thought 3 treated the UK as home anyway so if you have a data pack you can use it in the UK no problem, ive not been in the UK since switching to 3 but it was my belief that you could

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gumbo wrote: »
    wouldnt using Data while abroad be extremly expensive?
    I lived in Manchester for about 4 months last year and used my phone as normal. Didnt make a differencre.

Was on 3 and used a lot of data over there

Advertisement