Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote RON.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fad wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with Ahearn being arrogant, it's because he feels James is the better candidate and he's happy to take a high RON vote so the better man gets the other postion.

Nothing to do with his girlfriend.

I dont believe the Logue part though.

How is it not arrogance to believe that he doesnt have to work to get elected because he's uncontested & that he can just go & help his/his girlfriends mate rather then focus on his own campaign. If he feels that Williamson was the better candidate then why did he go to Louge's campaign meeting?

He’s showing the exact kind of careerist arrogance that has been wrong with the SU and if anything reflects poorly on Williamson.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

For anyone that is interested, Belfield FM have their recent SU candidates debate now online here.

Also, to be honest I expect the RON vote to be pretty high for Scott's Welfare contest . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Foxtrol wrote: »
    How is it not arrogance to believe that he doesnt have to work to get elected because he's uncontested & that he can just go & help his/his girlfriends mate rather then focus on his own campaign. If he feels that Williamson was the better candidate then why did he go to Louge's campaign meeting?

He’s showing the exact kind of careerist arrogance that has been wrong with the SU and if anything reflects poorly on Williamson.

Already stated clearly I dont believe the whole him going to the Logue meeting, or if he did, he was going as a spy! (They sent one to one of ours.........)

and yeah, defo! Whatever you say! :)

Already stated clearly I dont believe the whole him going to the Logue meeting, or if he did, he was going as a spy! (They sent one to one of ours.........)

and yeah, defo! Whatever you say! :)

Then I'd advise you to ask him when you see him tomorrow & get back to us. I've just double checked with someone that was there & he was definitely asked to leave. Apparently the whole Louge team freaked out about it & handled it terribly but the team is very inexperienced so I wouldnt expect anything else.

Storm in a tea cup really but shows what type of person Scottie is :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Isaywhynot

John Logues team were 'Negative Campaigning' apparently, so the returns office gave out to both candidates and campaign managers.

The shirt thing was something to do with people having voted (If they didnt have a sticker, the tshirt was taken). One got taken from James, no one really knew wtf was going on tbh.

No actually apparently it was logues campaign managers girlfriend got slammed against a wall and he got severely pissed

• Advertisement

Isaywhynot wrote: »
    No actually apparently it was logues campaign managers girlfriend got slammed against a wall and he got severely pissed

Absolute fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Isaywhynot

Absolute fiction.

no really, i was passing through when it happened and seen. I still voted williamson cos hes definitely got more experience but still.. mad..

Absolute fiction.

Are you you Williamson's Information Officer with those blind denials? ;)

07-minister.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Are you you Williamson's Information Officer with those blind denials? ;)

07-minister.jpg
    are you seriously accusing them of physically attacking her,becuase she's not in their campaign group? Seriously,I did a fair bit this week for williamson but it's sh*t like this that makes me lose interest in these sorts of politics.Both logue and williamson aren't bad fellas and both are going through hell with such a tight elections and talking to james this crap between the two campaign groups isn't making it any easier.

lads,it's not life or death politics,chill out and get off each others backs about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I voted at 6 yesterday evening to get it done and dusted and get my sticker.(two people tried to steal said sticker but that's another thing!)

I saw the negative campaigning first hand while I was queuing. Someone from Williamson's campaign came up and was canvassing,nothing negative might I add,then Logue came over and said don't believe their lies,or that I'm lying,etc.etc.Got a bit heated!

Then this happened:
    Random Person: Do you have any political affiliation?
    Logue: Yes,Fianna Fáil.
    Random Person: ... *Looks away*

:DSeriously though,it annoys me that none of the candidates have mentioned their political affiliations in their manifesto.It should be in there!

Some of the campaigners are far too aggressive,it's wrecking my head.I'll be glad when this is over with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I think Williamson should face Logue in one of these and finally settle this competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I voted. I have my sticker. Noone can annoy me now. =D

are you seriously accusing them of physically attacking her,becuase she's not in their campaign group? Seriously,I did a fair bit this week for williamson but it's sh*t like this that makes me lose interest in these sorts of politics.Both logue and williamson aren't bad fellas and both are going through hell with such a tight elections and talking to james this crap between the two campaign groups isn't making it any easier.

lads,it's not life or death politics,chill out and get off each others backs about it.

If you look at my posts you can clearly see that I didn’t accuse anyone of that but was rather making a point that Fad appeared to be again blindly defending someone before actually checking to see if it was true or not.

I’m fully aware of the “hell” of a tight race as I’ve been involved in several of them in varying capacities. During tight races in the past I’ve seen several scuffles, guys being grabbed around the neck, guys being punched & I’ve personally been involved in several shouting matches so I’m not surprised to hear the claim that a girl was slammed against a wall. It’s easy from the outside to think that it’s not life or death politics & that it’s ridiculous for anyone to get so upset about an student election but it’s a different thing when you’ve sacrificed so much time & effort to help a friend & then see someone else unfairly try to make everyone’s work worthless. It’s then much easier to cross the line & do something you wouldn’t normally do, which if you believe the poster is the same line that was crossed by one of Williamsons canvassers last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Apparently Williamson's campaign was heckled and abused yesterday in and around the science block ... I only heard that though, it could have been easily propaganda.

... personally I think that the whole SU elections are taken far too seriously, people just need to calm down and take a chill pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The more I read stuff about these two lads the more they seem like children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

The more I read stuff about these two lads the more they seem like children.

Its pretty pathetic, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

Has no one else noticed that the guy alleging the "slamming" only signed up yesterday and his/her only 2 posts have been in this thread making this accusation? I didn't hear anything about this in college today and would've thought it'd be big enough news.

Was in the science block today, so saw very little of Logue's Campaign team.

Ag Science was kinda disheartening to see, the auditor of Ag Soc is supporting Logue and did nothing but nod at people and told them to vote for him.....these people knew nothing about Logue, or Logue's campaign, just voting for him because the auditor said so......>_<

Some nursing lecturer called James a liar to a class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Got talking to one of the few canvassers for Scott Ahearn today. Ahearn is asking for them to actively canvass for James.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Got talking to one of the few canvassers for Scott Ahearn today. Ahearn is asking for them to actively canvass for James.

Ahearn himself came up to me with a williamson flyer and not a mention of voting him for welfare, was tempted to say that just for that I was ronning welfare but bottled it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I voted for the first time in years. I had to RON 5 other ballots to have my say on the Coke referendum. :pac:

I also think it's hilarious the way it's mostly first years that take this seriously, soon they'll grow up and get jaded and see student politics for the farce that it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Just left the library and there were 12 canvassers standing at the turnstile shouting at me to go vote for their candidate. It's only a matter of time before they hit you over the head and drag you to the polling station!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I heard today that Logue's team ordered 25 t-shirts; 20 small and 5 medium. Good plan to get the male vote. :rolleyes:

I also had Aherne tell me to vote for Williamson. Thought it was kind of odd that he never said anything about himself. Gave them all a RON except Williamson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The blob area was like a bearpit around 8 30 this evening. I went into the voting area and I had about 50 people roaring at me from about 10 metres away to vote for some idiot or another. The returning officer should have told them to f*uck off. It was like an Afghan election. I was happy to RON them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Are the results of the count in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Bloody disaster in the Arts block before polls closed!! It was mayhem....campaigners shouting at terrified people to vote for
    whats-his-face. Thank god it's all over for another year!!:D

Raphael wrote: »
    Are the results of the count in yet?

I thought the count did not begin until sometime Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Dunno. Thought I remembered it being done the night after at some point.

Yeah, although I'm nearly certain counting does not begin until tomorrow this time around - and the results will definitely not be announced until tomorrow.

So now that the polls have closed, what do people reckon the outcomes for the positions will be? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Personally I hope everyone gets RON'd
    ron3.jpg

Advertisement