Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote RON.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

700ish votes have been counted so far De Brún winning by 300 and Logue by 95

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Is it true that the boycott may be repealed? Heard it's ahead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Any further word on the count?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

26350_101194963250557_100000801627732_30388_185412_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Grimes wrote: »
    700ish votes have been counted so far De Brún winning by 300 and Logue by 95

All together now, 1, 2, 3

FIX!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

University Observer is providing updates on the count at: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiZdiKnBrztsdFhCUFhQRTc3X3JpMThMeG1RN3FfTlE&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

The Referendum is closer than I though it'd be, only 200 in the difference.

It looks like it will be

Lynham
    De Brun
    Williamson
    Ahearne
    Cosgrove

and a yes to the referendum.

The science vote clinched it for Williamson, almost 10 time the votes Logue got.

Edit: Its always amusing to see the percentage of RON votes in each faculty, Engineering tops it across the board, us being a cynical bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maccy

I find it funny how many people vote down in Smurfit. The SU really forget we are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'm really glad to see that Ag got a good turnout,I was in there yesterday for a while and the place was empty[except for the 30 or so campaigners leaping at everyone coming through the door]

and also,WOOT!! James won,no offence to the logue people here[I've not been shy on who I was behind on this]

I guess that's a lot of the excitement over for another year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

pljudge321 wrote: »

Edit: Its always amusing to see the percentage of RON votes in each faculty, Engineering tops it across the board, us being a cynical bunch.

If anyone in Comp Sci bothered to vote, it'd have been the highest RON.

Very happy about Education and Welfare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Thank christ this sham of a thing is over.:)

Fad wrote: »
    If anyone in Comp Sci bothered to vote, it'd have been the highest RON.

Very happy about Education and Welfare :D

I assume Comp Sci vote as part of general science. The RON vote in engineering only lost to Lynham by 7 votes.

Why is there so much support for Ahearne from the Williamson campaigners, I brought it up with two of them and neither could give me a single reason why I should vote for him. After being in this place for three years I'm sick of seeing "Scottie's" face plastered everywhere.

well,he did a lot of work for james in the campaign and personall I like him,so that's why I voted for him.

I think he's doing a pretty good job at welfare,not amazing but he WAS uncontested so,that says a lot

I assume Comp Sci vote as part of general science. The RON vote in engineering only lost to Lynham by 7 votes.

Why is there so much support for Ahearne from the Williamson campaigners, I brought it up with two of them and neither could give me a single reason why I should vote for him. After being in this place for three years I'm sick of seeing "Scottie's" face plastered everywhere.

They do, but total SU apathy seems to be a trend with a lot of Comp Sci students.

Why? Because Scott campaigned for Williamson instead of himself. So we returned the favour (To an extent).

Fad wrote: »
    They do, but total SU apathy seems to be a trend with a lot of Comp Sci students.

Why? Because Scott campaigned for Williamson instead of himself. So we returned the favour (To an extent).

That's a pretty poor reason to vote for the chap to be honest.

Please lock this thread!

That's a pretty poor reason to vote for the chap to be honest.

I would have voted for him anyway, if people asked me for reasons to vote for him I would have been able to respond. But obviously my priority was James.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

From what I've heard Scottie has burned a lot of bridges & pissed off a lot of people over the last few days. If he's hanging round Welfare in the hopes of stepping up & running for President next year then I think he may look back and regret the way he's handled himself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

well,he did a lot of work for james in the campaign and personall I like him,so that's why I voted for him.

Of course he did, because he knew the Williomson team would advocate a vote for him in return for his help during voting. Basically allowed him free ride on a campaign without him having to run his own (he had only one canvasser on the final day of polling - oh and he didn't even bother get T-Shirts:rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Results now up

President: Lynam 2819 - RON 1300

Campaigns and Communications VP: De Brún 2815 - Maguire 1043 - RON 347

Education VP: Williamson 2218 - Logue 1749 - RON 256

Welfare VP: Ahearn 3174 - RON 931

Entertainments VP: Cosgrove 3413 - RON 708

Referendum: Yes 2152 - No 1991

glad to see FF lose - get used to it, Logue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

goose2005 wrote: »

That election aside FF didn't exactly do badly did they?

Foxtrol wrote: »
    From what I've heard Scottie has burned a lot of bridges & pissed off a lot of people over the last few days. If he's hanging round Welfare in the hopes of stepping up & running for President next year then I think he may look back and regret the way he's handled himself.

He said in his speech today that this was his last SU election. I believe that he meant that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Does this mean we can get coke in the SU shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

goose2005 wrote: »
    Results now up

President: Lynam 2819 - RON 1300

Campaigns and Communications VP: De Brún 2815 - Maguire 1043 - RON 347

Education VP: Williamson 2218 - Logue 1749 - RON 256

Welfare VP: Ahearn 3174 - RON 931

Entertainments VP: Cosgrove 3413 - RON 708

Referendum: Yes 2152 - No 1991

Love the RON vote in the president election, shows if there's a proper "RON" campaign in another uncontested it has a chance, there's obviously some disillusioned voters out there aside from boardsies!

yeah,I think we should lock this in a day or so.but for now,let debrief a little.I think if there was any decent sort of a RON campaign run against lynam he'd have lost.

well,it's all over and done with.So,lets see what sort of a job they do and complain about it here for another year.

I'm just happy I can buy coke anywhere on campus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    I'm just happy I can buy coke anywhere on campus :)

After six and a half ****ing years of that ban, I'm delighted too. Third time's a charm.

Coke is bad for you.

Enjoy your deathtrap ladies!

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    Coke is bad for you.

Enjoy your deathtrap ladies!

Who cares, we're all going to die in 2012 anyway. :P

Advertisement