Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

close protection courses

• 26-02-2010 4:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

does anybody no of or have they done a close protection course here that the can recommend?

Ive seen some online but im unsure of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Check out the lads down in easterhill security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Check out the lads down in easterhill security

You won't get better here in Ireland.. 22 years service ARW and 18 months in Iraq as a PMC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

do you run a course Irish_Army01 ?

do you run a course Irish_Army01 ?

No Mate..I know the Main Man in Easter Hill security.. and He is the real deal.. What I meant by "Here" , I was referring to Ireland. ;-)

thats cool. do you know if anybody can do the close protection course that he runs?

• Advertisement

thats cool. do you know if anybody can do the close protection course that he runs?

Dude, give them a ring/email.

http://www.easterhillsecurity.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

wonder how long the courses are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

jeff allen ex ARW does theses courses afaik?? he,s based in dungarvan co waterford.you can contact him through his website elitepaintball.ie he,s also on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Hmm
    http://www.easterhillsecurity.com/images/About%20Easter%20Hill%20Security.jpg

I'm not so sure.
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=119995.html

Ask for their name rank and serial number.
    Geneva convention.
    Not sure that it applies to airsoft though.

Hmm
    http://www.easterhillsecurity.com/images/About%20Easter%20Hill%20Security.jpg

I'm not so sure.
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=119995.html

Ask for their name rank and serial number.
    Geneva convention.
    Not sure that it applies to airsoft though.

That twat castleshort has nothing to do with easter hill.

Easter Hill is a professionally run Company run by ex members of the ARW. The Founder & Owner having 22 years service with the ARW and as a team leader in Iraq with a PMC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Fair enough, but how can you know who your are dealing with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Not something you would claim in such a small community that is close protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Fair enough, but how can you know who your are dealing with?

The lads are legit.

You wouldn't get away with claiming to be ex ARW over here, especially if it was the major selling point of your company.

would it be possible to work as a pmc after doing the course or is that the stuff of day dreams

would it be possible to work as a pmc after doing the course or is that the stuff of day dreams

Unless you have a military service back round to back it up the training course, the gigs you get offered would be lower down the chain and even then companies can demand a SOF back round for employment.. A 3-4 week course will not get you on a close protection detail in iraq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

At this point in time I'd say you've missed the boat in terms of earning money. The '03 Iraq madness has long passed.

If you haven't a network to tap you're on a looser, regardless of what course you do.

Just my tuppence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Unless you have actual military experience its a waste of time IMO. You can roll a turd in sugar but it wont turn into a jelly doughnut.

Anyone who would bring you to a war zone without it is probably not working with your best interest at heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Just found this thread now as I was looking up close protection courses.

I'm noticing that most of the courses are quite expensive, and I'm not sure I'd be guaranteed any work after training. I was looking at axis-ireland and they seem decent enough, but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't be looking into hostile environments, just domestic close protection, or even jobs in the UK. Can anyone recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Most of this type of work is done by ex SF types not civvies who do a course?

Worked with "Sterling Guards" in London in the late 80's early 90's. There were a few ex British army lads working for them who did this and other types of work related to this area and whose army careers were very colourful to say the least. These were not lads you messed around with ;). 3-4 weeks on a course would not bring you up to their standards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Excellentia, Ronin SA, Ronin Concepts, Axis, Phoenix,Nibsss, Their is a forum Close Protection World have a look some very useful information regarding the industry as a whole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

Although the thread is old, there may be some people still interested in this field of work.
    From my own research the CP courses that stand out are, For HE the SOS CP course ran in Iraq, the Ronin SA course and Perseus Risk look good too. Excellentia for executive protection.

There are several other well regarded CP courses such as NIBSSS, Ronin concepts, Control Risk Group.

In Ireland, from what I've heard, the Easter Hill course is probably the best of the bunch, with good instruction and it is SIA accredited as far as I know, if you have any queries about the course just get in touch with them. http://ehisecurity.com/index.php/training/

Bare in mind, you will also have to complete a FPOS course as well as the CP course if it's not already part of the syllabus of the course you do.

But there are a few points you need to consider before spending a few thousand euro on a CP course.
    If you're not ex military or armed police you will not have much hope of getting work in hostile environments such as Iraq or Afghanistan, there are hundreds of highly qualified ex military struggling to get a start in hostile environment work as it is.

If you don't know people in the industry already you will struggle to get a start, networking is key. If you want to work in the CP world you need to get networking long before you ever spend money on a course, many times it's who you know rather than what you know that will get your foot in the door.

There is little or no CP work in Ireland, the small bit of work that is there is wrapped up by ex detectives and ex ARW, you'll find it hard to get a look in. London is the place to be for executive protection.
    Even if you get employment in CP it's usually a bit here and a bit there, the days of earning thousands upon thousands are long gone as the labour market is flooded right now with ex Brit army.

I have no affiliation to any of the training providers, I've acquired the above information over several years of research into CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

TomRooney wrote: »
    Although the thread is old, there may be some people still interested in this field of work.
    From my own research the CP courses that stand out are, For HE the SOS CP course ran in Iraq, the Ronin SA course and Perseus Risk look good too. Excellentia for executive protection.

There are several other well regarded CP courses such as NIBSSS, Ronin concepts, Control Risk Group.

In Ireland, from what I've heard, the Easter Hill course is probably the best of the bunch, with good instruction and it is SIA accredited as far as I know, if you have any queries about the course just get in touch with them. http://ehisecurity.com/index.php/training/

Bare in mind, you will also have to complete a FPOS course as well as the CP course if it's not already part of the syllabus of the course you do.

But there are a few points you need to consider before spending a few thousand euro on a CP course.
    If you're not ex military or armed police you will not have much hope of getting work in hostile environments such as Iraq or Afghanistan, there are hundreds of highly qualified ex military struggling to get a start in hostile environment work as it is.

If you don't know people in the industry already you will struggle to get a start, networking is key. If you want to work in the CP world you need to get networking long before you ever spend money on a course, many times it's who you know rather than what you know that will get your foot in the door.

There is little or no CP work in Ireland, the small bit of work that is there is wrapped up by ex detectives and ex ARW, you'll find it hard to get a look in. London is the place to be for executive protection.
    Even if you get employment in CP it's usually a bit here and a bit there, the days of earning thousands upon thousands are long gone as the labour market is flooded right now with ex Brit army.

I have no affiliation to any of the training providers, I've acquired the above information over several years of research into CP.

Top Notch post.

{OP}Like yourself i have a few years into researching and meeting with fella's and ladies in the Close Protection industry long before i even really consider the job.

{General Public} But honestly get everything you can under you belt PM me for more details on course that you can do to help you CV that i was told about.

Their are some really good books by well knowing CPO out their get researching.

Too be honest do not pick the cheapest course either.

Has anyone done a CP with Right Track Security or PBI Secuirty Galway? Pluse in Dublin.
    But honestly the course listed above a highly reputable so saved.

Advertisement