Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Check..............

Options
  • 26-02-2010 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey folks,

The company I work for has agreed to sponsor me for residency :)

As part of the process I need to get police check from the guards. From what I've read online there seems to be no official form to use. Depending on who you ask you'll get a different answer............:confused:

Has anybody any experience doing this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ifumust82 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

The company I work for has agreed to sponsor me for residency :)

As part of the process I need to get police check from the guards. From what I've read online there seems to be no official form to use. Depending on who you ask you'll get a different answer............:confused:

Has anybody any experience doing this??

Yes go to your local garda station and say i need a garda check for reasons of Immigration.

If your in Oz ....

I guess you can call you local station and ask, or wait ill someone rolls around and helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Im getting sponsored too. I wrote a letter to the superintendant in my district back home. I sent it to my Dad and he went in with it, he said he had to fill out a form. Nothing major, and then they just sent it out to me in a few days. Fairly easy. The only thing is the time it takes to sent everything by post, 2 weeks there and 2 weeks back.

Just explain in the letter that its for a visa application here in australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Dose everyone who is getting sponsored need this or is it just cretin jobs? I’m being sponsored and am getting all my stuff together for it at the moment.

I dont know if its totally necassary, but its definatly worth getting just to be on the safe side. Its part of the character requirement.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/457-application-checklist.pdf

The above is a checklist of things you need for the Employer Sponsred 457 Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Mackman wrote: »
    Im getting sponsored too. I wrote a letter to the superintendant in my district back home. I sent it to my Dad and he went in with it, he said he had to fill out a form. Nothing major, and then they just sent it out to me in a few days. Fairly easy. The only thing is the time it takes to sent everything by post, 2 weeks there and 2 weeks back.

Just explain in the letter that its for a visa application here in australia.

Hey Mackman,

Yeah this is required for me,I'm already on a 457 visa and I'm now applying for the ENS 856 visa for permanent residency. This is needed as well as a skills assessment (which is done pretty easily)
    What was the "form" your dad filled out? As depending on who you get at the desk they could give you anything! They gave my Dad the Garda vetting Application form?!?!

I can't believe this day in age there is no standard police check form!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Oh right, sorry thought you were going for the 457 too, missed the "residency" part of your OP :o
    I dont know what the form was. I can find out though. Ill let you know.

I havent done a skills assessment. I have my Diploma and a reference from my previous employer in Ireland. Will this be enough for that part of the 457?

(i dont mean to derail your thread, just thought id ask seeing as you've got a 457:))

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Mackman wrote: »
    Oh right, sorry thought you were going for the 457 too, missed the "residency" part of your OP :o
    I dont know what the form was. I can find out though. Ill let you know.

I havent done a skills assessment. I have my Diploma and a reference from my previous employer in Ireland. Will this be enough for that part of the 457?

(i dont mean to derail your thread, just thought id ask seeing as you've got a 457:))

Cheers mate ;)

You don't need a skills assessment for the 457,but you do need a certified copy of your diploma. You have two choices either get the folks at home to get it done there and they post it over or if you have your original here get it copied and stamped by a justice of the peace.
    Since I didn't have the original with me I got my folks to scan it an email to me and luckily there is a JP in my work so he did it without too much trouble :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

I just rang up my local Garda station (from Aus) and told them I needed a police check. He asked for my name, D.O.B, and addresses in Ireland for the previous five years. I gave him my Aus address and it arrived within 2 weeks. Very easy and you don't have to pay for it like in other places.

Advertisement