Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Recommendations for Garda Recruitment

Options
  • 26-02-2010 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've read about three new requirements that you must have before you're even considered as a candidate.

They are;

• Driving Licence (not sure if it's a full)
    • You must be able to swim
    • Have first aid training

My two questions on this are;

1. Does this mean that you will not do training on First Aid in the Garda Training College? Or do they just cover it?
    2. Does this mean that you will not have to do swimming in the Garda Training College? Or is this to save time teaching people how to swim?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I think you should resign yourself to the likelhood that nobody will be able to 100% conclusively answer these kind of questions yet because the requirements are new, and nobody will have any direct experience of these new requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

They have also not been implemented yet. They are only recommendations so the only info we have at the moment is what is printed in the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

It's all academic, given that there's no recruitment ongoing and there's no sign of it returning in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

psni wrote: »
    I think you should resign yourself to the likelhood that nobody will be able to 100% conclusively answer these kind of questions yet because the requirements are new, and nobody will have any direct experience of these new requirements.
    That's true.. but hopefully when someone gets some info on it, they'll post it here.. on somewhere in this forum.
    cushtac wrote: »
    It's all academic, given that there's no recruitment ongoing and there's no sign of it returning in the future.

I think 2012? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

perhaps you should change the name of the thread as they are only recommendations as of yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Good idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

I'd recommend getting involved in community work if you haven't yet applied. They love that shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Beffy wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting involved in community work if you haven't yet applied. They love that shiz.

besides the gaa i never did any community work and passed the interview, so it doesnt always matter

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

shakin wrote: »
    besides the gaa i never did any community work and passed the interview, so it doesnt always matter
    I never said it did. I just think people will need as much of an edge as they can get when recruitment is up & running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Any update on this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement