Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get WD Scorpio Blue 2.5" 1 TB?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Can anyone help me find a reasonably priced WD Scorpio Blue 2.5" 1 TB (WD10TEVT)?
    Pixmania has them in stock for €300

Dabs are out of stock but have them for €205. They say due in 4wks, but past experience with dabs is that this is usually longer.

Any other sites that have it listed are all out of stock.

Has anyone bought one? Were did you get it?

Thanks. . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

somakasvh wrote: »

Thus voiding the drive warranty!! You would need to be desperate!

Cant find it in stock at reasonable price anywhere. Here is a good price but expected stock is 1 week: http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=30359&agid=682

A 500gb 7200rpm drive would be a better buy imho. And then get a 1tb passport as above for external storage/backup?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

somakasvh wrote: »

One of the reasons I'm going for a stand alone drive is because of issues I had with a WD Passport drive when connected to an Iomega video adapter. The new WD passport drives have a partition on them that shows up as a CD ROM drive and it can't be deleted. The Iomega needs to see one clean partition for it to work.

That said, if I was to dismantle the above drive would it be a single partition on the disk? I think I read somewhere that the unwanted SW is stored on an EPROM on the PCB or something??

That one in Germany might be a runner. . .

Btw my 500GB is full!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kgpixels wrote: »
    One of the reasons I'm going for a stand alone drive is because of issues I had with a WD Passport drive when connected to an Iomega video adapter. The new WD passport drives have a partition on them that shows up as a CD ROM drive and it can't be deleted. The Iomega needs to see one clean partition for it to work.

That said, if I was to dismantle the above drive would it be a single partition on the disk? I think I read somewhere that the unwanted SW is stored on an EPROM on the PCB or something??

That one in Germany might be a runner. . .

Btw my 500GB is full!

Partition Magic is what you need- delete all visible and hidden partitions, repartition as a single active partition and format with whatever format you want.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Partition Magic is what you need- delete all visible and hidden partitions, repartition as a single active partition and format with whatever format you want.

Normally partition magic would do the trick but not in this case. As op said the partition is stored in flash and loaded on boot or something weird like that. Anyone know how to remove it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Seems a rather silly limitation on the Iomega thingy, lots of external drives pull the same trick (although not always with an EEPROM drive built into the SATA controller...)

Advertisement