Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mickey Martins pub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

same place, Mickey being short for Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

That's what I figured. But I read that Mickey Martins is off Thomas Street and the link in my first post doesn't match up with that.

Anyone know what colour it is or where I could see a picture of the exterior?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

doubledown wrote: »
    That's what I figured. But I read that Mickey Martins is off Thomas Street and the link in my first post doesn't match up with that.

Anyone know what colour it is or where I could see a picture of the exterior?

Definitely the same pub. I wouldn't trust those place markers on Google maps. From the description:
    It’s of the new pedestrianized zone of Limerick on a side street. A traditional pub with a great atmosphere

They are definitely talking about the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Isn't there a Martins Pub on Sarsfield St. across from O'Sullivan's Pharmacy and beside the Permanently increasing interest rates TSB?

- OP is your Project related to maintaining 6 inches of piss on a pub toilet floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GiftsDirect

Mickey Martins Pub is Number 1 Augustinian Lane, trendy bar with a good pint of the black stuff. If I recall correctly I think there's also a PA Martins along roches street, old style bar with no music but great for a chat and some easy pints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

PA Martins on Sarsfield St
    Great pub on Match Days

Great pub all round actually!

Mickeys I dont like. They have a "clique" in there. Seem to be forever in their holding court and sitting at the bar making it impossible to get a drink. Bar men are their mates so they spend all night chatting to their mates :mad:

And as for the toilets......... you would be better off going to the Still House/Aubars for a pee and then back to Martins to finish your pint.

Least then you could wash your hands........

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

That's great. Thanks for your help.

lolmasonsmallbe6.jpg

I'm glad you've accomplished your Mission - Now report back to your Commanding Officer Stonecutter!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Don't like the beer in Micky Martins.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Mickey Martins Pub is Number 1 Augustinian Lane, trendy bar with a good pint of the black stuff. If I recall correctly I think there's also a PA Martins along roches street, old style bar with no music but great for a chat and some easy pints.

Is that a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

ludwit wrote: »
    Don't like the beer in Micky Martins.

i like the beer in Micky Martins

Roadend wrote: »
    Is that a joke?

it is quite trendy in fairness. i like it because the age range isnt as old as nancys and isnt as young as the likes of charlies

Icky Thump wrote: »
    it is quite trendy in fairness. i like it because the age range isnt as old as nancys and isnt as young as the likes of charlies

:confused: So its not over 18s or under 18s

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Wait a second,how the feck is Mickey Martin's trendy?

Roadend wrote: »
    :confused: So its not over 18s or under 18s
    :D yes

no its more 20's crowd.

nancys is mainly late 20's- early 30's+

charlies is where you go to lose your virginity when you are 12:rolleyes:

i love how smilies make things look alot more sinister

this is the urban dictionary definition

trendy is a social categorisation of person who follows modern fashion and listens to mainstream music, having no music genre in particular they follow. The common belief held by many alternatives that trendies lack 'individuality' is incorrect, and can also be applied to other social groups concerning their own appearence. Quite hypocritical really.

i think to an extend it fits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's where all the 'cool' people go. Groomed to look like they have slept in their clothes, just out of bed hair and the like.

But I like Mickeys because of the motley crew type of clientele the pub attracts. Anything from rugby jocks, scenesters, hippies, accountants, arty crowd, gay/lesbian/transsexual and anything in between.

The music is sometimes hit and miss, the miss being the Donal Dineen wannabes on decks. Toilets aren't great but in a way it adds to the charm of the place.

There's nothing like the charm of a nose full of urine smell to make you appreciate how good you have it in there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It's where all the 'cool' people go. Groomed to look like they have slept in their clothes, just out of bed hair and the like.

But I like Mickeys because of the motley crew type of clientele the pub attracts. Anything from rugby jocks, scenesters, hippies, accountants, arty crowd, gay/lesbian/transsexual and anything in between.

Thats a bit like saying all the pink shirt wearing rugby playing people go to Clohessy's?Anyway, Mickeys is one of the better pubs in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Thats a bit like saying all the pink shirt wearing rugby playing people go to Clohessy's?

I don't get what you mean?
    Anyway, Mickeys is one of the better pubs in Limerick

+1
    I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Great pub on Match Days

Mickeys I dont like. They have a "clique" in there. Seem to be forever in their holding court and sitting at the bar making it impossible to get a drink. Bar men are their mates so they spend all night chatting to their mates :mad:

And as for the toilets......... you would be better off going to the Still House/Aubars for a pee and then back to Martins to finish your pint.

Did you ever think that maybe it could be you???

Paranoia .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

really like Mickey's -good music, roaring fire, good people. and they still do crisps.
    down with those rotating 2euro pringles machines! i like proper 50c bags of crisps with my cider!

Great pub on Match Days

The music is sometimes hit and miss, the miss being the Donal Dineen wannabes on decks. Toilets aren't great but in a way it adds to the charm of the place.
    Did you ever think that maybe it could be you???

Paranoia .

Until the day I die I will associate Mickey Martins with an obnoxious, cliquey in-crowd, 9 lads in sports jackets and converse runners with more hair products than 2 hen parties all lining the bar trying to look cooler than the Bar Man who is too cool to serve pints without making you wait 10 minutes for the privilege.

All the while the in-crowd will be there space-staring, name-dropping, gum-chewing, and acting it all out..... Nah, I'd rather castrate myself with two Baseball bats than spend 5 minute in that stinkhole!!!

- Speaking of which, the bog is a 100% golden ticket, yellow brick road, urine-tastic, destination; But its a yellow splash-fest of ankle-soaked urea goodness to the regulars I'm sure.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Raiser wrote: »
    Isn't there a Martins Pub on Sarsfield St. across from O'Sullivan's Pharmacy and beside the Permanently increasing interest rates TSB?
    Ya raiser that is Timmy Martins pub. More of an nice place for a quiet pint watching a match, not somewhere you'd be looking for slappers like the other Martins!

Advertisement