Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner next week!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

YourSQL wrote: »
    we can just pm each other on board or use telepathy.

telepathy maybe. pm'ing would be as bad as when people who sit right next to you at work / college send you emails :D except if its something not for public consumption :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm not going for dinner.
    Right 7 people voted for Thursday, please pick the food you want:

kingtut - 1st Choice Chinese, 2nd is bar food
    nursemar88 - 1st choice Bar food, 2nd choice Chinese
    440Hz ?
    Ainu - 1st Choice Chinese, 2nd is bar food
    deRanged - Not going anymore
    stevexo - Doesn't care.
    YourSQL ?
    KathleenF - Chinese
    440Hz wrote: »
    Really? The couple of times I was in Scotts i thought the food was awful!! SoHo is way better for pub food IMO (and my friends).

I have never eaten in Soho so I can't comment on it... anyway the type of food has to be decided on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Friday 5th March
    kingtut wrote: »

nursemar88 ?
    440Hz ?
    Ainu ?
    deRanged ?
    stevexo ?
    YourSQL ?

1st choice Bar food, 2nd choice Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

nursemar88 1st choice Bar food, 2nd choice Chinese
    440Hz ?
    Ainu ?
    deRanged ?
    stevexo ?
    YourSQL ?

chinese or bar food is good for me. doesnt matter what order. if its a tie, you can flip for it at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Friday 5th March
    deRanged ?

the 9pm start is a problem for me I'm afraid. I'm too old to be eating that late - I'd have nightmares :)
    I'll have to skip this one.

• Advertisement

Friday 5th March
    deRanged wrote: »
    the 9pm start is a problem for me I'm afraid. I'm too old to be eating that late - I'd have nightmares :)
    Old man!!!! :D:D:D

deRanged wrote: »

We could make it 8.30 ?

Friday 5th March
    We could make it 8.30 ?

thanks, I still won't make that. I might catch ye afterwards if ye head for pints or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Friday 5th March
    Hey guys - am a first-time poster here - only saw this thread for the first time today - any chance there's still room at the table? :)

KathleenF wrote: »
    Hey guys - am a first-time poster here - only saw this thread for the first time today - any chance there's still room at the table? :)

Of course the more the merrier, I'll be booking tomorrow evening. What type of food takes your fancy? Chinese and bar food are the two most popular so far.

• Advertisement

Friday 5th March
    Wahey cheers. As regards food I'm easy really - haven't had a good chinese in ages so I suppose that'd be first preference, but so long as it's good food I don't mind what type it is!! Looking forward to it! :D

KathleenF wrote: »
    Wahey cheers. As regards food I'm easy really - haven't had a good chinese in ages so I suppose that'd be first preference, but so long as it's good food I don't mind what type it is!! Looking forward to it! :D

Cool, well if you need a number for the meetup send me a PM and we can exchange numbers (same applies to anyone else who is new and tagging along).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Friday 5th March
    Hmmm 9 is a little late for dinner for me too I think. Long day to wait for 9pm.

My first pref of the most popular choices would be pub grub. I like Chinese but haven't been to a good one in Cork yet so not so pushed on that. Indian would be my top pref though.

Friday 5th March
    Hmmm 9 is a little late for dinner for me too I think. Long day to wait for 9pm.

phew. it's not just me then :)

Okay so it seems like the vote is pretty much 50 / 50 for chinese / pub grub, how about we just go for pub grub?

That way people who like pub grub get it and the people who like chinese can hopefully get something like it in the pub, maybe a curry or something...

Let me know what you think asap, I'll book tomorrow evening.

Pub grub is also cheaper...

Friday 5th March
    Sounds like a plan.

I need to book this tonight as there will be a group of us.

Everyone happy with pub grub? Where do you want to go?

Scotts and Soho are the only two suggestions since the food type was announced...

Right attendees for dinner tomorrow night are:

Definites:
    kingtut
    nursemar88
    440Hz
    Ainu
    stevexo
    KathleenF

Unsure (need to double check with them)
    YourSQL
    realtin8

Friday 5th March
    Been to Scotts a couple of times, found it okay, never been to Soho. Either is fine by me, if you need a definite answer I vote Soho/Amicus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Been to Soho once and it was fine; However I just grabbed a burger and a coffee.
    Anyway, as usual I'll be down to work until 10.30pm, so I will try to catch you later if you hang around!

• Advertisement

Right not much activity on this thread today...

I won't be back on boards until about 9.30, if no-one objects by then I'll be booking Soho which is on grand parade for 9.00pm tomorrow night (Thursday) (maybe we can all meet at 8.30 for a drink first).

So...speak now (well before 9.30) or forever hold your peace!

If you are happy with the above arrangements then just thank the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Friday 5th March
    Im very happy with SoHo but... 9pm in there might be very busy with drinkers, plus I don't know if there is any sports or anything on tomorrow night?!

I'm still stick so don't 100% me. I'll make it if I can as I'd like to go to this, but all depends on the sickness lol

Im very happy with SoHo but... 9pm in there might be very busy with drinkers, plus I don't know if there is any sports or anything on tomorrow night?!

I'm still stick so don't 100% me. I'll make it if I can as I'd like to go to this, but all depends on the sickness lol

What time would you rather then?
    Anyone else that is going got any opinions?

I can book tomorrow if people are still not set on a venue :)

What time would you rather then?
    Anyone else that is going got any opinions?

I can book tomorrow if people are still not set on a venue :)
    im good, book away

Friday 5th March
    ok so pub food is my choice, Im afraid i cant pick a venue because i have never gone for oub grub before in cork so ive no idea where would be nice! as for time... anytime suits me but i think maybe earlier may suit more people...so like 7? as i said i dont mind what time but a couple of people have rejected the later time.

Does 7 suit everyone? As nursemar88 pointed out a few people think 9 is too late.

I have never been to Soho and only chose it as one or two people said they liked it. 440Hz pointed out it could be noisy... but hey bar food is called bar food for a reason lol so it might be noisy....

Anyone else got a preference as to where we eat? I'm easy as long as I leave with a fully tummy :D

For anyone that is curious the soho menu is here: http://www.soho.ie/dinner.php

Does 7 suit everyone? As nursemar88 pointed out a few people think 9 is too late.

I have never been to Soho and only chose it as one or two people said they liked it. 440Hz pointed out it could be noisy... but hey bar food is called bar food for a reason lol so it might be noisy....

Anyone else got a preference as to where we eat? I'm easy as long as I leave with a fully tummy :D

For anyone that is curious the soho menu is here: http://www.soho.ie/dinner.php

thats good for 7 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

hooray, back on the internet!
    7 is fine for me!

I just called Soho and asked about the age thing as they are 21s.

Is anyone going under 21? He said if we book he can give the number to the bouncer so we are let in just remember that they will NOT serve alcohol to anyone who is under 21.

Five people have confirmed that 7 is okay with them so 7 is now the eating time....woohoo one decision made ha ha

• Advertisement

Friday 5th March
    Are we saying 7 at Soho so? Or is the venue still tbc? And yep am over 21.

Advertisement