Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner next week!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I'm not going for dinner.
    kingtut wrote: »
    I just called Soho and asked about the age thing as they are 21s.

Is anyone going under 21? He said if we book he can give the number to the bouncer so we are let in just remember that they will NOT serve alcohol to anyone who is under 21.

Five people have confirmed that 7 is okay with them so 7 is now the eating time....woohoo one decision made ha ha

was soho not a decision also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

stevexo wrote: »
    was soho not a decision also?

I think so but there were doubts when 440hz said it could be noisy and also was not sure if anyone was under 21. If at least 4 agree to Soho then I'll book it tomorrow as we just need a majority decision. I have never been to Soho so I am complaining no responsibilty if the food is crap, was not even my suggestion :pac:

So, nursemar88, stevexo, Ainu, KathleenF and anyone else who is going...you ok with Soho for grub? (stevexo will pay....I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Friday 5th March
    7 is much better time for me as well. Count me in for numbers... worst comes to worse you'll be one down. deRanged might like to come along now that it's earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Friday 5th March
    I think so but there were doubts when 440hz said it could be noisy and also was not sure if anyone was under 21. If at least 4 agree to Soho then I'll book it tomorrow as we just need a majority decision. I have never been to Soho so I am complaining no responsibilty if the food is crap, was not even my suggestion :pac:

So, nursemar88, stevexo, Ainu, KathleenF and anyone else who is going...you ok with Soho for grub? (stevexo will pay....I hope)
    fine by me

Friday 5th March
    I think so but there were doubts when 440hz said it could be noisy [/SIZE])

It won't be around 7. I just meant that it is a very busy city center pub and that by 9 people will be in drinking, not really eating! Earlier on in the night it is fine though.

• Advertisement

For any of the new people who aren't sure what I look like here you go :)

ugly_person.jpg

Ok so let's make this official:

Dinner is at 7pm in Soho on Grand Parade tomorrow (Thursday 4th March).

I will make the booking tomorrow afternoon which will be for 6 people (kingtut, nursemar88, 440Hz, Ainu, KathleenF and stevexo).

A few points to note:

1 - The age limit at Soho is 21! They should allow people who are under 21 but over 18 to get in but will not allow them to purchase alcohol. If you turn up and are under 18 then tough, you have been warned.

2 - Bring your ID !!! I don't want anyone having to be sent home because they can't get in, please don't spoil the meal for people by causing problems at the door.

3 - If you are not one of the 6 above but want to go then post and let me know by 12pm tomorrow, as I am not going to ring Soho more than once.

4 - I cannot use my mobile phone in work so I won't reply to texts until after 5pm, before then contact me through boards please.

5 - Women, a hug for Kingtut is the minimum that is expected from you; men, a handshake will suffice.

6 - HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday 5th March
    3 - If you are not one of the 6 above but want to go then post and let me know by 12pm tomorrow, as I am not going to ring Soho more than once.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's a big pub so they are relaxed about numbers for tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Friday 5th March
    440Hz wrote: »
    deRanged might like to come along now that it's earlier..

indeed he would thanks - count me in for 7 please!

prepare for a manly handshake Kingtut.

my phone got soaked yesterday morning and has packed up!
    I'm not ignoring any texts - just not getting them :)

Dinner is booked!!

7 people at 7pm in Soho on the corner of Grand Parade / Washington St.

The 7 people are kingtut, nursemar88, 440Hz, Ainu, KathleenF, stevexo and deRanged..

See you all then and don't be late :D

• Advertisement

Friday 5th March
    Uhoh! I'm going to be shot! I can't make it. For the worst possible reason... I was treated to lunch today for being sick... in SoHo! :( (It was yum).

But that's me done for eating today. Sorry, I couldn't say no or change the place. SORRY!!!

Friday 5th March
    uh-oh - you're the only one I would have recognised !
    now I'm going to have to stare at random groups :)

Friday 5th March
    deRanged wrote: »

I'm sorry! I never get invited places or treated so I couldn't say no. Any other day... :(

I would say I will join ye after but I'm still on antibiotics and supposed to be getting early nights!

Friday 5th March
    i met you the last time so i will recognise you... vaguely anyway! you'll be grand! :)

Friday 5th March
    ah I'll be grand. I reckon I'll just rock up a wee bit early and stand around looking a bit lost till someone takes pity on me :)

Friday 5th March
    ah I'll be grand. I reckon I'll just rock up a wee bit early and stand around looking a bit lost till someone takes pity on me :)
    Good plan! :D anyway i better go get ready! talk to ya shortly!

send me a pm if ya want my number, i only live 2 minutes away from it. easier to find everyone that way

Friday 5th March
    send me a pm if ya want my number, i only live 2 minutes away from it. easier to find everyone that way

thanks, I would, but my phone packed in yesterday and I've not had a chance to pick up a new one.

thanks, I would, but my phone packed in yesterday and I've not had a chance to pick up a new one.
    grand, sure what will ya be wearing so someone can pick you out? and what can we call you by if we approach you? no deranged, cos if we get the wrong person they might think are we asking them if they are deranged :D

Friday 5th March
    grand, sure what will ya be wearing so someone can pick you out? and what can we call you by if we approach you? no deranged, cos if we get the wrong person they might think are we asking them if they are deranged :D

hehe. that might be fun. I'll sit at the bar while ye do that for a bit :)

name's Brian. I'll be the guy with the shaved head sitting at the bar. I'm finished work so I'm just going to head in now.

• Advertisement

hehe. that might be fun. I'll sit at the bar while ye do that for a bit :)

name's Brian. I'll be the guy with the shaved head sitting at the bar. I'm finished work so I'm just going to head in now.

ah, i was going to wait outside for people...but bar sounds good

Friday 5th March
    it occurs to me - I look like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I hate ye all:D stuck in middle of no where in Dublin .. off to find some quiet corner to dine alone :o:(

Thanks to everyone who came last night, what a great turn out!

I have photos of all of you so if you want them please send me your e-mail in a private message. If you intend on posting them on boards please ask for permission from the people in them first! Thanks :)

Friday 5th March
    thanks all - it was a great night out.
    good man Kingtut for all the organising!

I'm back to the gym next week - looking to try some new sports.
    anyone goe any handy suggestions?

Friday 5th March
    Thanks to all for coming out last night- had great craic!

hahahahahahaha :D

I have photos of all of you so if you want them please send me your e-mail in a private message. If you intend on posting them on boards please ask for permission from the people in them first! Thanks :)
    ya tutty will you email them onto me please! thanks :)

You're welcome :)

Hmm I have a few in mind but I'm not sure if they are for you, they are pretty hands on ;)
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    Thanks to all for coming out last night- had great craic!

ya tutty will you email them onto me please! thanks :)

Will do, need to copy them to my laptop first but that will be later tonight at the earliest :)

Friday 5th March
    Hmm I have a few in mind but I'm not sure if they are for you, they are pretty hands on ;)

hands on you say? hmm. what a balls.

someone should of said to me, "dont you have work in the morning", when ordering all those drinks. i did not want to get out of bed this morning. there is something about the hint of a hangover and the cosyness of staying in bed when you know you have to be somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Friday 5th March

Good night alright. And kudos to you for the organisation. Respek! I'll pm you my email there..

Advertisement