Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aligning shelves

• 26-02-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've got 3 of these I want to hang this weekend, but I want them all aligned horizontally to create one shelf 360cm long. Any tips on how to ensure they'll all be aligned and straight before I start drilling into my wall?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Honestly?
    Id say dont.
    Leave a 1inch gap or something. I doubt you will get the all touching and then any gap looks crap.
    Better to plan for a gap so if you are 3mm off no one can tell.
    Lower quality items like that are also unlikely to all be exactly the same. I put up floating shelves recently and they each hung at different angles due to the brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

GreeBo wrote: »
    Lower quality items like that are also unlikely to all be exactly the same. I put up floating shelves recently and they each hung at different angles due to the brackets.

GreeBo, that was my main concern. Also, knowing my luck, I'd find that the last screw on the last shelf would be blocked by a strut or something. I might revert to plan a and just do one on top of the other. Tks!

Advertisement