Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son got the sniffles, is this normal?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone.

For the last week Aidan (12 mths) and I have had head colds. Nothing unusual about that, I know. I have been taken meds while he has suffered with only having Calpol and Snuffle Balm.

But he is not eating very much in the line of solids. He will eat a few spoons and that is it, but he finishes every single bottle of formula and is drinking about half a litre of watered down fruit juice everyday. He is a bit crankier and more impatient than normal but playing like usual. He is also sleeping a little longer than usual at naps, about an extra 20 min. He is waking up at night crying, but usually settles again after some more juice and me cleaning his nose.

Is this usual with babies with colds??????

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is he teething badly?

Dearbhail goes off her food during growth spurts and starts to sleep for Ireland .
    I found when she was getting a lot on teeth chewing hurt her so she decided she didn't want food and yogurts became our best friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I don't know if he is teething, he has a few of the signs of it, but that could be the cold too! He still eats his baby biscuits and his other treaties. But maybe because they are that, treaties!!:rolleyes:

Poor fella is just in bits with it all, and of course if he ain't happy, aint nobody happy!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

At least he is still sleeping and is still eating, just watch his temp.
    They all get cranky and listless when they are ill, it would be a worry if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

When you are unwell are you in the mood to eat as normal? Chances are no so don't be worried if the young lad is the same. Keep the fluid intake up, as in water not formula, to keep him hydrated and watch the temperature.

Probably not sleeping as much during the night as he is getting congested lying on his back. This affects his daytime sleeping as well as he will want more, and will affect his mood.

Advertisement