Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktail Bar & Decent Breakfast

Options
  • 26-02-2010 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is staying with me this weekend and she wants to go out for cocktails to a proper cocktail bar. Is there one in the city or is there are pub that does a mean mojito?!

Also, she's kinda picky and I knwo she'll want to go out for breakfast but she wouldn't be into a full irish like myself, she'll want something a bit healthier I think...any ideas? I usually just go to the Pucan cause it's a fiver!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

She sounds like a right knob....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is staying with me this weekend and she wants to go out for cocktails to a proper cocktail bar. Is there one in the city or is there are pub that does a mean mojito?!

I would go to the House hotel for cocktails, nice relaxed atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

the Skeff have a fairly extensive cocktail menu but dont know what its like at weekend, Ive only been there on a Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Its a bit out from town but the G hotel has a decent cocktail selection:

http://www.theghotel.ie/dining-bars.html

The huntsman across the road does good breakfasts aswell, not just your typical fry-up. There's also a place across from the quays, its upstairs but can't remember the name that do plenty of "healthy" breakfasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Huntsman may have cocktails too, just across from G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

She sounds like a right knob....;)

Hah...I can see why you'd say that! I'm the opposite of her...give me a pint of Guinness in Murphys anyday over girly cocktails but what can ya do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The Waffle place on Middle street does a really good range of healthy breakfast options if I remember correctly.

Apart from that I guess your best bet is the hotels again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Breakfast: Ard Bia? (I haven't been there, but seemed to have more options than just a fry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

fifib wrote: »
    the Skeff have a fairly extensive cocktail menu but dont know what its like at weekend, Ive only been there on a Thursday night

I was thinking the skeff too, but I'd say it'll be packed for the rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Yeah the skeff cocktail menu is good, most of the places do coktails, just a little limited is all.... Bar 903, kellys? i know the old living room did....

Breakfast..... Food for Thought just off shop street do veggie/healthy stuff..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The house hotel dose nice cocktails and it would feel like a cocktail bar as apposed to a bar that dose cocktails! Wouldn't too busy either I'd say, if thats what your looking for. Had a pretty special mojito there over graduation week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 papazen

busker brownes is an experience for breakfast on a sunday. They have a brass band and the food is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Nimmos for breakfast. It's Ard bia now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Xiney wrote: »
    The Waffle place on Middle street does a really good range of healthy breakfast options if I remember correctly.

Apart from that I guess your best bet is the hotels again.

Thats gone from there now.... They are moving to a new location as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If it's a weekend day, then Ard Bia / Nimmos for sure. The brekkie is yum as well as some healthy options. Spanish Arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Sam Baileys do a good breakfast with a varied menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mandymoo999

i love my cocktails and i would have to say the house hotel is the best for cocktails in galway but i must admit they are pretty pricey but you do get your moneys worth i tend to get a bit tipsy after two or three ,second choice would probably be the skeff they do 365 cocktails not all great obviously and not a patch on the house hotel but they are cheaper and they have a few nice ones...breakfast not sure i love the cellar..but if ya get nice cocktails i reckon you could be too sick for the breakfast...enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

lovelyhome wrote: »

+1 -- By far the nicest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

We ended up going to Nimmos for breakfast and my God it was delicious.
    I had the full Irish and it came with lovely crusty bread, great poached eggs and an amazing relish. Its quite expenive but I'd recommend it as a treat.
    Yum. I'm hungry just thinking about it..mmmm..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

Advertisement