Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do/Events website

Options
  • 26-02-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,
    It's been a long winter and I'm sick of being in the house.
    What sites do you guys and ladies use to see whats on in the area.
    From comedy nights to cycling and walking
    Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

March 27th at 7.30pm is a Mixed Martial Arts event in Rush,
    Rumble in Rush 3

St Maurs GAA club 7.30pm www.rushfightacademy.com

PM me if you want a ticket or more info.

For those that dont know what that is, its what the brand UFC do, a mix of Boxing, Kickboxing and Grappling all in 1 and in a cage..

Great friendly atmosphere and a great night, 5 locals on the card also..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Thanks for the reply cowzerp,
    I was thinking something the other half would enjoy.
    Sounds like a good night though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The Fingal Independent is a good source of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

www.entertainment.ie usually has a good selection of stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

What hobbies do ye have?

At the moment Rush Dram festival is on some really good shows.

Also hear Mick Lally on radio plugging the Brian Friel classic "Philidelphia here I come". Would be worth going to just to see Mick Lally.

• Advertisement

jaypers you must be bored to go out of your way to see what mick lally is up to these days. ha ha

Firstly let me correct my previous post.

Mick Lally is in the John B. Kean classic "The Matchmaker" in the Tivoli. Now Mick Lally is one of the best stage actors of our time. He is particularly suited to John B. Keane, Friel, McMahon.

Lally can paint a wonderful picture of times past with his acting, Words and timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Thanks for the replies so far.
    I work shifts so the drama shows don't always work out for me.
    I think I've done most of the tourist things in the area.
    Ended up at a comedy night Friday in Skerries, not the best wit a small crowd. But it was still a laugh

LeoB wrote: »
    Firstly let me correct my previous post.

Mick Lally is in the John B. Kean classic "The Matchmaker" in the Tivoli. Now Mick Lally is one of the best stage actors of our time. He is particularly suited to John B. Keane, Friel, McMahon.

Lally can paint a wonderful picture of times past with his acting, Words and timing.

ah leo i was only kidding

Ah no problem but believe me whether you are into drama or not Mick Lally is brillant on stage.

I am not a huge fan of theathre but some of the Irish plays are so real. When you look at The Field a lot of people can relate to it quite easily.

If you ever get the chance to see Thornton Wilders play "Our Town" or One flew over the cukoos nest go and see them. Our Town has no props you have to picture everything the actors do, great laugh. Saw One flew over the cukos nest in the Millbank Theatre in Rush and it was hillarious. All that said give me a good Irish play anytime.

• Advertisement

yeah theatre just is not my thing at all.

the brother is an actor and recently did a preformance of "Rent " in wexford. it was entertaining but definately not my thing.

i dont ask him to come to my work so i would appreciate if he returned the favour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

If your in the Balbriggan Area. O'Sheas at the HArbour have some good bands on friday nights.

They are free in, went last week arrived in at 9.30, got seats - Band Started at 10.30pm good night.

They have Catch 22 on tomorrow, they did my friends wedding (Not a wedding band). But great musicians so would recommend if your in Balbriggan.

I think O'Sheas have a facebook page that has all the listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mutley2009

Hi All,

I too am sick of the same old hum drum day in & day out and am looking to take up some sort of arts / crafts course for one evening during the week.

I've searched online but have come up with nothing ...

Any ideas?

i think i saw something in main street skerries.art and crafts style place. i know its not swords. but this place looked set up for this.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Martron wrote: »
    i think i saw something in main street skerries.art and crafts style place. i know its not swords. but this place looked set up for this.
    A bit in this thread about it

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mutley2009

thanks! a girl I work with lives there, so will check it out!

Advertisement