Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any swing/jiving dance events in Galway this weekend?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

My other half loves dancing, anything on in Galway tonight or tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ye just missed a vibrant swing weekend in Galway last Sat and Sun with a social night of dancing on the Saturday! I can think of swing and jazz live music nights on Mondays (Cuba), Wednesdays (Massimos) and Thursdays (the Dail) and bucketloads on Sundays! (Buskers, the Co-Op in Moycullen, Spanish Arch hotel)

You can try here but I think most of those type of events are midweek...
    http://galwayentertainment.ie/

Altho, as an afterthought, I suggest you try contacting the Roisin Dubh, was there upstairs on a friday a few weeks ago and there was swing, rockabilly being dj-ed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tallman

For the weeknights, I have this info:

Classes Mon Nights in Cuba, Tues nights in Victoria Hotel.

Apart from the socials there are two bands that play - Monday nights in Busker Browns although dancing space is severely limited :( and Thursday nights in The Foster Court Hotel with The West Coast Big Band. There are also periodic bands around town that play Swing :)

Advertisement